"Leaving certificate" ??? URGENT Watch

sarah99630
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hii! I'm applying to a German university and I need to upload my leaving certificate...which I assume is the one people get from school, but my school has delayed its process. Can I use my IAL Certificate as the leaving certificate? Or will I get rejected? I don't mind trying, as long as if it's not ideal, they'll let me know but I'm kinda scared they'll just reject my application because of that. So can I use the certificate? I find it equivalent tbh. I'd really appreciate an answer before tomorrow❤. Thank you!!!
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sarah99630)
Hii! I'm applying to a German university and I need to upload my leaving certificate...which I assume is the one people get from school, but my school has delayed its process. Can I use my IAL Certificate as the leaving certificate? Or will I get rejected? I don't mind trying, as long as if it's not ideal, they'll let me know but I'm kinda scared they'll just reject my application because of that. So can I use the certificate? I find it equivalent tbh. I'd really appreciate an answer before tomorrow❤. Thank you!!!
Talk to their international section and explain in the UK completion of school is signified by A levels. You might be able to get a letter saying you have left, but it has no value. Check before you send.
sarah99630
Rep:
?
Oh alright. Thank you so much. Yes they know and recognise it..I just wasn't sure if it could do as a "leaving certificate" and after that there's a question on country of leaving certificate. Should I write UK or Kenya? Thanks again!!😊😊
(Original post by 999tigger)
Talk to their international section and explain in the UK completion of school is signified by A levels. You might be able to get a letter saying you have left, but it has no value. Check before you send.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 1 week ago
Oh alright. Thank you so much. Yes they know and recognise it..I just wasn't sure if it could do as a "leaving certificate" and after that there's a question on country of leaving certificate. Should I write UK or Kenya? Thanks again!!😊😊
Tbh for the UK it must have passed me by because I dont believe there is a formal one. Just get the school to write you a letter on their headed notepapers confirming you have left. The exam certificates are whats important. The so called leaving certificate I believe has no relevance in the UK. If youve left school in the UK , then UK, if Kenya, then Kenya.
sarah99630
Rep:
?
Great. I'm posting that one. Thanks!! Have a great day
(Original post by 999tigger)
Tbh for the UK it must have passed me by because I dont believe there is a formal one. Just get the school to write you a letter on their headed notepapers confirming you have left. The exam certificates are whats important. The so called leaving certificate I believe has no relevance in the UK. If youve left school in the UK , then UK, if Kenya, then Kenya.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 1 week ago
Great. I'm posting that one. Thanks!! Have a great day
Actually just get them to write the letter to say they confirm you have completed your secondary education successfully and sat your A level exams. Certificates are issued by the exam board and not the school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (44)
16.42%
The paper was reasonable (131)
48.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
22.39%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
12.31%

Watched Threads