Can you apply to sixth forms on results day and get accepted? Watch

barmo44
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I've applied to several nearby schools and I was invited for an interview for most of them. I missed one because I had family issues and it was the one I wanted to go to. This voided my application but I really want to get there because It's statistically much better than most schools. I'll get an average grade of 6/7 and I want to study Physics, Maths and Business Studies. Can I still apply again to it on GCSE results day and have a chance of getting accepted? And I applied through UCAS last time so I don't know if I should email them or...
Haider_A
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's possible; I phoned a grammar school on GCSE results day (2017) and they accepted me with no prior application.
barmo44
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How were your GCSE grades compared to their entry grades?
(Original post by Haider_A)
It's possible; I phoned a grammar school on GCSE results day (2017) and they accepted me with no prior application.
Haider_A
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maths was a grade lower than their entry requirements, however I guess they allowed me in because I didn't take a maths-based A Level and my other subjects were at/above their entry requirements
(Original post by barmo44)
How were your GCSE grades compared to their entry grades?
Cxesar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes ver ver very possible!
Sefrca
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Email, phone and, if you can, go into the school you wanted. Sixth form admissions is so incredibly lenient most of the time (unlike uni admissions) and of your academic credentials qualify you to go there, the fact that you missed an interview is very unlikely to prevent you from going. My advice would be, if you really do want to go there, the sooner you can contact them and explain why you were absent, and offer to meet at a different time, the better. If it were to get to results day, many state school are still in a position to take students (since many school don’t have to submit numbers of students to the government for funding etc for a couple of months after the beginning of the academic year, I believe), however if the school is competitive then it could be seen as unfair if they then take you on when they most likely have had turn away students with equally good grades but who also applied on time. Good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (42)
15.85%
The paper was reasonable (131)
49.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (59)
22.26%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
12.45%

Watched Threads