English folio missing Watch

Tom5657
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My friends English folio has gone missing since being handed in. It was on time and everything but she got called in to say that they didn’t have it. This ever happened to anyone else? What happened?
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tom5657)
My friends English folio has gone missing since being handed in. It was on time and everything but she got called in to say that they didn’t have it. This ever happened to anyone else? What happened?
Why has your school only told your friend this now? :eek: Assuming it's for Nat 5 or Higher, the folios were picked up from schools by the SQA courier in March! Did she complete a flyleaf for it?

If she can speak to the teacher she handed it in to, they can then hopefully remember and confirm that she did, proving that either the school or the SQA would be at fault (in which case, the school's SQA coordinator should be getting in contact with the SQA to explain the situation).
Tom5657
Rep:
?
Yeah it was for higher. She definitely did complete the flyleaf and everything for it. She had done everything right. We have proof that it was in on time with the date of the email to the teacher with the folio on it. Both our English teacher and the head of department were away when we found out so we are having to wait longer to get it sorted. I’m pretty sure that it will be sorted but just wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else. She still has another copy of it and can get the flyleaf easily so I don’t see why there would be a problem.
(Original post by Labrador99)
Why has your school only told your friend this now? :eek: Assuming it's for Nat 5 or Higher, the folios were picked up from schools by the SQA courier in March! Did she complete a flyleaf for it?

If she can speak to the teacher she handed it in to, they can then hopefully remember and confirm that she did, proving that either the school or the SQA would be at fault (in which case, the school's SQA coordinator should be getting in contact with the SQA to explain the situation).
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah it was for higher. She definitely did complete the flyleaf and everything for it. She had done everything right. We have proof that it was in on time with the date of the email to the teacher with the folio on it. Both our English teacher and the head of department were away when we found out so we are having to wait longer to get it sorted. I’m pretty sure that it will be sorted but just wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else. She still has another copy of it and can get the flyleaf easily so I don’t see why there would be a problem.
If you/your friend haven't already, definitely speak to whoever is the SQA coordinator (usually a depute head) at the school. Until something is done, as far as the SQA will be concerned, it hasn't been submitted (to them at least). I know that when there are extenuating circumstances, candidates can get granted an extension to the uplift date, but that these (in those cases need to be applied for in advance of the original deadline), so I think your SQA coordinator should be able to speak to the SQA and explain the circumstances to get it sorted for your friend.
Tom5657
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
If you/your friend haven't already, definitely speak to whoever is the SQA coordinator (usually a depute head) at the school. Until something is done, as far as the SQA will be concerned, it hasn't been submitted (to them at least). I know that when there are extenuating circumstances, candidates can get granted an extension to the uplift date, but that these (in those cases need to be applied for in advance of the original deadline), so I think your SQA coordinator should be able to speak to the SQA and explain the circumstances to get it sorted for your friend.
Yeah it was the deputy head that told her that the SQA didn’t have it so I’m guessing that she will be trying to sort it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah it was the deputy head that told her that the SQA didn’t have it so I’m guessing that she will be trying to sort it.
Hope they resolve it quickly- last thing anyone needs in exam season is the stress of something like that!
Tom5657
Rep:
?
Good news it’s all been sorted.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (402)
30.69%
The paper was reasonable (514)
39.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (225)
17.18%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.9%

Watched Threads