?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Did anyone take this paper? How did you find it? Let’s discuss answers below
john wick pro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The exam was really easy ... What did u get for the Mass of chlorine ... I got 0.1158 = 0.116 but all my other friends got something different because when u find moles = pv/rt then I multiplied by 35.5 all my other friends multiplied by 71 .. All whats ur similarities in the first q of X and the group twos ... I said that they both have the same oxidation state ( 2) and their carbonattes decompose the same way forming metal oxide and co2 ... and the difference.is that group 2 oxide is white while x oxide is black
IntelligentAngel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by john wick pro)
The exam was really easy ... What did u get for the Mass of chlorine ... I got 0.1158 = 0.116 but all my other friends got something different because when u find moles = pv/rt then I multiplied by 35.5 all my other friends multiplied by 71 .. All whats ur similarities in the first q of X and the group twos ... I said that they both have the same oxidation state ( 2) and their carbonattes decompose the same way forming metal oxide and co2 ... and the difference.is that group 2 oxide is white while x oxide is black
you were supposed to find the number of chlorine atoms. so you use the same mass and divide it by 35.5 to the number of moles and times it by 6.02*10^23 that’s what i did
amysantiago
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
For the mass of chlorine I multiplied by 71 and got 0.232g
For similarities and differences I wrote that too
What did you write for the organics 8 mark table question? One with tollen’s reagent
amysantiago
Rep:
?
(Original post by IntelligentAngel)
you were supposed to find the number of chlorine atoms. so you use the same mass and divide it by 35.5 to the number of moles and times it by 6.02*10^23 that’s what i did
Yep exactly, I did that too
IntelligentAngel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sudee)
Yep exactly, I did that too
Star ⭐️
IntelligentAngel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sudee)
For the mass of chlorine I multiplied by 71 and got 0.232g
For similarities and differences I wrote that too
What did you write for the organics 8 mark table question? One with tollen’s reagent
for the tollens reagent i wrote the letter of the aldehyde (B i think) and then the observation o wrote Silver mirror (Silver metal)
amysantiago
Rep:
?
Star ⭐️
What did you write for the organics 8 mark table question? (the one with tollen’s reagent, alkaline iodine etc)
amysantiago
Rep:
?
for the tollens reagent i wrote the letter of the aldehyde (B i think) and then the observation o wrote Silver mirror (Silver metal)
Yeah, and for alkaline iodine I wrote the one with ketone A and yellow precipitate
For sodium I wrote c,d and effervescence as observation
IntelligentAngel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sudee)
Yeah, and for alkaline iodine I wrote the one with ketone A and yellow precipitate
For the iodine one i wrote A and D cause D also has the CH3CO group and then for the sodium i only wrote C lol😂 but yeah my observations are the same
IntelligentAngel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sudee)
no no no i’m wrong for the carboxlyic acid. It’s not used to test for them😂
john wick pro
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is for part b yeah
john wick pro
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For tollens Only the ketone and a silver mirror is formed as observation ... in Alkaline iodine only the aldehayde ... and yellow ppt ... in Na. Metal only carboxylic acid and alchol ... and White solid is formed
For the iodine one i wrote A and D cause D also has the CH3CO group and then for the sodium i only wrote C lol😂 but yeah my observations are the same
IntelligentAngel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For tollens Only the ketone and a silver mirror is formed as observation ... in Alkaline iodine only the aldehayde ... and yellow ppt ... in Na. Metal only carboxylic acid and alchol ... and White solid is formed
only the aldehyde reacts with tollen
IntelligentAngel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think that’s observation is meant to be efferevsense or bubbles because of the hydrogen formed
john wick pro
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol yh sorry I meant to write the aldehayde .. I wrote the aldehayde in the exam but I miss typed
only the aldehyde reacts with tollen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
36.75%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.27%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.79%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.55%

Watched Threads