The Student Room Group

Chemistry as level cie m/j 2019 paper 21

Did anyone take this paper? How did you find it? Let’s discuss answers below
The exam was really easy ... What did u get for the Mass of chlorine ... I got 0.1158 = 0.116 but all my other friends got something different because when u find moles = pv/rt then I multiplied by 35.5 all my other friends multiplied by 71 .. All whats ur similarities in the first q of X and the group twos ... I said that they both have the same oxidation state ( 2) and their carbonattes decompose the same way forming metal oxide and co2 ... and the difference.is that group 2 oxide is white while x oxide is black
Original post by john wick pro
The exam was really easy ... What did u get for the Mass of chlorine ... I got 0.1158 = 0.116 but all my other friends got something different because when u find moles = pv/rt then I multiplied by 35.5 all my other friends multiplied by 71 .. All whats ur similarities in the first q of X and the group twos ... I said that they both have the same oxidation state ( 2) and their carbonattes decompose the same way forming metal oxide and co2 ... and the difference.is that group 2 oxide is white while x oxide is black

you were supposed to find the number of chlorine atoms. so you use the same mass and divide it by 35.5 to the number of moles and times it by 6.02*10^23 that’s what i did
Reply 3

For the mass of chlorine I multiplied by 71 and got 0.232g
For similarities and differences I wrote that too
What did you write for the organics 8 mark table question? One with tollen’s reagent
Reply 4
Original post by IntelligentAngel
you were supposed to find the number of chlorine atoms. so you use the same mass and divide it by 35.5 to the number of moles and times it by 6.02*10^23 that’s what i did

Yep exactly, I did that too
Original post by Sudee
Yep exactly, I did that too

Star ⭐️
Original post by Sudee
For the mass of chlorine I multiplied by 71 and got 0.232g
For similarities and differences I wrote that too
What did you write for the organics 8 mark table question? One with tollen’s reagent

for the tollens reagent i wrote the letter of the aldehyde (B i think) and then the observation o wrote Silver mirror (Silver metal)
Reply 7
Star ⭐️

What did you write for the organics 8 mark table question? (the one with tollen’s reagent, alkaline iodine etc)
Reply 8
for the tollens reagent i wrote the letter of the aldehyde (B i think) and then the observation o wrote Silver mirror (Silver metal)

Yeah, and for alkaline iodine I wrote the one with ketone A and yellow precipitate
For sodium I wrote c,d and effervescence as observation
Original post by Sudee
Yeah, and for alkaline iodine I wrote the one with ketone A and yellow precipitate

For the iodine one i wrote A and D cause D also has the CH3CO group and then for the sodium i only wrote C lol😂 but yeah my observations are the same
Original post by Sudee

no no no i’m wrong for the carboxlyic acid. It’s not used to test for them😂

This is for part b yeah
For tollens Only the ketone and a silver mirror is formed as observation ... in Alkaline iodine only the aldehayde ... and yellow ppt ... in Na. Metal only carboxylic acid and alchol ... and White solid is formed
For the iodine one i wrote A and D cause D also has the CH3CO group and then for the sodium i only wrote C lol😂 but yeah my observations are the same
For tollens Only the ketone and a silver mirror is formed as observation ... in Alkaline iodine only the aldehayde ... and yellow ppt ... in Na. Metal only carboxylic acid and alchol ... and White solid is formed

only the aldehyde reacts with tollen

i think that’s observation is meant to be efferevsense or bubbles because of the hydrogen formed
Lol yh sorry I meant to write the aldehayde .. I wrote the aldehayde in the exam but I miss typed
only the aldehyde reacts with tollen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending