What to say to guys during period in Ramadan? Not fasting Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I work in an office and everyone knows I'm fasting. I will be eating during my period so what should I say when the guys start asking me why?
velvethopes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
... that you’re on your period so you don’t have to fast?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by velvethopes)
Is that not awkward? I mean I don't mind, I just don't want to make it weird.
velvethopes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If they’re grown men then I’m sure they’re well aware that women have periods. If you’re unlucky then they might joke about it, but other than that, it’s only awkward if you make it awkward.
EyestriX
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by velvethopes)
can't*
Kindred
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I work in an office and everyone knows I'm fasting. I will be eating during my period so what should I say when the guys start asking me why?
Either that you're on your period (they will have to hear they exist some time or another!) or that you are excused from fasting right now (no details) or that you have a mild medical thing going on so you are excused for now.
Personally I see no issue with saying period as long as you are comfortable with it (perfectly fine if it's not the sort of thing you want to announce). Otherwise it's not like they need to know your life. You could just say that people can be excused for various reasons and you'd rather not say or give a generic answer that would fit period but doesn't really confirm it.
Only thing I wouldn't do is lie cos that's just going to give people a confusing idea of either you or your religion (assuming they aren't aware of fasting and all the potential exemptions already)
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i am not fasting today as i am bleeding through my vajay-jay
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Say that you have periods. Will any guy be surprised that you have periods or shock horror you might even have thought about something sexual!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
simple

them - why aren't you fasting
you - because i'm just not

end of story

alternatively you could just say 'its the time of the month' or i can't fast 'for obvious reasons' but i really don't think you should be that polite
its no ones ****ing business why you aren't fasting so if they ask why i really suggest you stick to telling them to mind their own business
pimpcane
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
s**t i understand if you don't feel confortable sharing such a detail with other people, if it makes it easier for you can always say the doctor told you not to fast or you have these prescription pills for this "insert random sudden illness here".
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would go for medical reasons. You don't want immature colleagues gossiping about you being on the blob. And as others have said perhaps people will use their wits and not ask.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zarek)
I would go for medical reasons. You don't want immature colleagues gossiping about you being on the blob. And as others have said perhaps people will use their wits and not ask.
No. What's wrong with saying to someone else that you have periods? Why not educate people? If she had diabetes would she be so bothered about telling people? She does not need to hide what women go through naturally
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am not saying its wrong, I just have seen how immature workplaces can be, despite the fact that men do generally know that women have periods. Personally I wouldn't share anything about my nether regions or indeed much else with my colleagues.
(Original post by mgi)
No. What's wrong with saying to someone else that you have periods? Why not educate people? If she had diabetes would she be so bothered about telling people? She does not need to hide what women go through naturally
Last edited by Zarek; 1 week ago
TX27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if a guy mate asks me if im fasting I just say straight up that im on my period they should be mature enough to understand
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by TX27)
if a guy mate asks me if im fasting I just say straight up that im on my period they should be mature enough to understand
These guys are not my mates though.. they just sat on the opposite side of the office!
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Just give em a quick theological lowdown

"You don't have to fast in particular circumstances, such as if fasting is making you blatantly ill, you're very poor and don't know when your next meal is coming, or if you're BLEEDING OUT OF YOUR VAGINA GAVIN GOD MIND YOUR BUSINESS"
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You say ladies problems, if they don't understand that then they are thicker than pig ****
Last edited by SMEGGGY; 6 days ago
TX27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
These guys are not my mates though.. they just sat on the opposite side of the office!
just say its that time of the month then lool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (460)
26.5%
The paper was reasonable (747)
43.03%
Not feeling great about that exam (342)
19.7%
It was TERRIBLE (187)
10.77%

Watched Threads