The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ok cheers an what were the advantages of stressemen taking germany into the league of nations
uthred50
and you guys have mixed me up.
Some said the cold war is on the exam.
Others said its only on the exam if you're doing a russia depth study. if im doing germany depth study its not on the exam for me then?

i'm doing the same as you and i'm not/haven't done anything on the cold war. So it isn't on the exam for us. :biggrin:
Agreed with above. Im doing Germany depth study and not doing Cold War.

Its all good :smile:
Reply 23
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SIK
ok cheers an what were the advantages of stressemen taking germany into the league of nations

germany was in a state of recovery, by taking the country to the league of nations whole world got to see this

Stresseman wanted to resume trade and wanted League to see that Germany wanted to be peaceful

Germany was quickly accepted back into league and became a permanent member of the Council of the League (until Hitler removed Germany in 1933)
so it showed Germany as a central power, that had recovered and was willing to keep the peace

France and Germany seemed to be getting on again (both signed locarno togethor), this was a positive sign of germany as a peaceful nation.
Germany would have benefitted from some of the perks of being in the League e.g. collective security.

:smile:
Reply 24
Could anybody who's doing Germany depth study help me out with these:

I need 3 mistakes and failings of Bruning as Chancellor

and 3 reasons why Papen was a poor chancellor.

All I can think of for Bruning is his cutting of public spending and raising taxes during the Depression.
And for Papen that he was unpopular in the Reichstag

can anybody give me anymore?

cheers
Reply 25
woah ive never heard of bruning and im doing the germany paper!

I know Von Papen wasnt very popular, partially because of the way Hindenburg gave him the post of chancellor.
and he repealed the ban on the SA to appease the nazis.
Then he was replace by Von Scleicher.
thats pretty much all i know bout him. :biggrin:
Reply 26
ohh the appeasement of the Nazis ..didn't think of that, thanks :smile:

Bruning was the chancellor 1930-32 (when Germany was hit hardest by the depression)

...apparently :smile:
Reply 27
talk about the swing movement and the edelweiss pirates.
They opposed the strict hold nazi dictatorship had over their lives, basically :smile:
Reply 28
[QUOTE=:D QPRlover [excludedFace]biggrin[/excludedFace]]Explain why some young people opposed Nazi policies between 1933 and 1945?

-Did not like it that their lives were being controlled and limited by the policies
-felt that their freedom was being restricted
-did not like the mistreatment of Jews and minority groups
-were influenced by American Culture (e.g. 'jazz music' in the "Swing Movement")
-Didn't want to join the Hitler Youth (compulsory 1939) e.g. the Eidelweiss Pirates mocked them and taunted them
-School finished at the age of 14 but conscription wasn't till the age of 16 (or was it 17?) so, they had a lot of free time on their hands.
-Resented and resisted Nazi control of their lives and enjoyed the sense of rebellion in opposing the Nazi Party.

:biggrin:
Reply 29
ooh and is ww2, the battle of britain and dunkirk on the exam too? :s-smilie:
uthred50
ooh and is ww2, the battle of britain and dunkirk on the exam too? :s-smilie:

i haven't done any of that stuff lol. :s-smilie:
And the exams tomorrow... :frown:
Reply 31
wah?
what about the battle of the atlantic?
uthred50
wah?
what about the battle of the atlantic?

erm no...?
maybe we're not doing the same depth study... i've just been told to revise Weimar Germany, Treaty of Versailles, League of Nations.:confused:
Reply 33
im doin germany depth study too :biggrin:
Reply 34
dont forget the stuff on hitler :biggrin:
Reply 35
Hey.
Very Confused Here!
I Am Doing The OCR History - Modern World History
&&
Studying Germany In Depth.

Can Anyone Give Me A Proper List Of Whats Going To Come Up?

I'm Confused
:frown: :confused: :s-smilie:

This Would Be Very Helpful :smile:

X
Reply 36
versailles
League of nations
Weimar
Rise of hitler
Hitlers germany
Causes of ww2
thats it :smile: