Feel like I’m going to fail my dissertation... Watch

Kimber2222
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am a 3rd year student studying English Lit and my dissertation is due on Friday. I am researching a topic that has never been studied before and it just feels like I’m fighting a lost cause. I submitted a chapter in January and got a first, but had to change it to fit into the wider topic. I have 7000 words to write in 4 days. It’s not the word count that worries me, as I’ve submitted 3000 words essays that I’ve done in 6 hours before and got firsts. It’s the topic. I just hate it and can’t even convince myself that it’s worth doing. Any advice?
Molseh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Who cares if you hate it or whether it is worth doing?

Suck it up, write your dissertation and get the best grade you can. Then never think about it again.
Last edited by Molseh; 1 week ago
Thabang Lute
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's the battle of the mind and you should never let your mind win over you. Calm yourself down and motivate yourself on doing it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Get on with it. You can't change topic now so it's irrelevant. Don't even let yourself think about it.
PhoenixFortune
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kimber2222)
I am a 3rd year student studying English Lit and my dissertation is due on Friday. I am researching a topic that has never been studied before and it just feels like I’m fighting a lost cause. I submitted a chapter in January and got a first, but had to change it to fit into the wider topic. I have 7000 words to write in 4 days. It’s not the word count that worries me, as I’ve submitted 3000 words essays that I’ve done in 6 hours before and got firsts. It’s the topic. I just hate it and can’t even convince myself that it’s worth doing. Any advice?
Just approach it like any other assignment where you have no choice of title/topic. Just knuckle down to get it over with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (117)
24.63%
The paper was reasonable (211)
44.42%
Not feeling great about that exam (88)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (59)
12.42%

Watched Threads