I live with neither of my parents and live with my sister’s dad. What do I do? Watch

mismagi.us
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I live with neither of my parents and haven’t for the last 3 years (I’m currently 20 and working). However, I do live with my sister’s dad and have done for the last 13 years or so. When I apply for student finance, what do I do for household income? Do I still put my mother’s (no contact with my father) or can I use my actual household income where I live with my sister’s dad (never married so technically not a step parent). It’s confusing because I’m supposed to use parental income but I don’t have any financial support from either parent although I do have contact with my mother.

Thanks!
SFE Chanel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mismagi.us)
Hi, I live with neither of my parents and haven’t for the last 3 years (I’m currently 20 and working). However, I do live with my sister’s dad and have done for the last 13 years or so. When I apply for student finance, what do I do for household income? Do I still put my mother’s (no contact with my father) or can I use my actual household income where I live with my sister’s dad (never married so technically not a step parent). It’s confusing because I’m supposed to use parental income but I don’t have any financial support from either parent although I do have contact with my mother.

Thanks!
Hi,

We would not take your sister's dads income into consideration. You would need your mum to support your application for finance if you wish to be income assessed.

Thanks, Chanel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?