I may have to leave univeristy due to financial issues at home

Watch
stu17260293
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in the middle of my first year exams and my fiance is struggling to keep his third job this year. This has resulted in us with no money and/or debt and an enormous amount of stress and I myself am working upto 4 days a week when I should be in lectures and studying. My grades definitely reflect this.
With my maintanance loans and working just weekends I can pay my share and more, but with the gaps in his income we've had to use the entire loan on rent and other Bill's each term, meaning were constantly catching up and never go out or feel stable.

Should I leave university? The maintanance loan I've just received last month is gone on Bill's again, we cant afford half our Bill's even though I've worked full time with exams.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Talk to your uni, they may be able to help. Also idk the specifics but you can be asked to pay back loan if you drop out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (185)
58.54%
I don't have everything I need (131)
41.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise