Unii123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So when I left college i didn't know what to do at all. I took really weird A Levels and none were science related at all. But this year I got into a low grade boundary uni to discover geography more. I like it but I want to go more scientific as I would like to go into research of climate change in the future or something along the science research aspect. So I have narrowed my options down to three, earth science in Swansea, Physical geography and geology in birmingham and environmental science uwe. I did an environemental science module this year and i found it interesting but i also like the thought of learning about the weather and atmosphere. I just don't know which way to go and does it matter if I go to a uni with low grade boundaries as many places do not accept me because I didn't do a science related subject. Also big uni's scare me but I also don't want to be close to home as swansea would be for me. I like living somewhere different and new.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It doesn't sound like you're going into this with the right mindset at all. There's no point in doing a degree for the sake of it and if you are going to do one it's best to get into the best uni for you. What do you want to do in the future career/job wise? You can always do online or evening classes to learn more about areas that interest you without doing a full degree in the subject.
(Original post by Unii123)
So when I left college i didn't know what to do at all. I took really weird A Levels and none were science related at all. But this year I got into a low grade boundary uni to discover geography more. I like it but I want to go more scientific as I would like to go into research of climate change in the future or something along the science research aspect. So I have narrowed my options down to three, earth science in Swansea, Physical geography and geology in birmingham and environmental science uwe. I did an environemental science module this year and i found it interesting but i also like the thought of learning about the weather and atmosphere. I just don't know which way to go and does it matter if I go to a uni with low grade boundaries as many places do not accept me because I didn't do a science related subject. Also big uni's scare me but I also don't want to be close to home as swansea would be for me. I like living somewhere different and new.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got A*AB and went to a uni with BBC (or BBB, can't remember) entry requirements for my course and I'm very happy. It was the only uni I really felt like I could see myself studying here. You should choose the uni you feel right at, not based on it's entry requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.71%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5%
I need help with my personal statement (57)
40.71%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.14%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.14%

Watched Threads