Failing Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello,

i had 3 exams in the january exam period and i failed them all by a few percentage points, i have just finished the april/may exam period where i had 4 exams, i feel like i may have failed another 2 or 3 of them...
i am worried what will happen when my results come in, will i be kicked off my course for failing this many modules or will i be allowed to take them again?
Charlotte's Web
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,

i had 3 exams in the january exam period and i failed them all by a few percentage points, i have just finished the april/may exam period where i had 4 exams, i feel like i may have failed another 2 or 3 of them...
i am worried what will happen when my results come in, will i be kicked off my course for failing this many modules or will i be allowed to take them again?
You really need to follow university policy. The university will have academic regulations and there should also be some sort of course/module handbook which explains the procedures if you have a near-miss and will let you know whether you are eligible to resit these exams.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
sorry, i left things a little unclear. i recieved notice that i will be able to resit the modules failed in january, in the august exam period. I am just worried that bad results in the april/may exam period may effect this.
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
You really need to follow university policy. The university will have academic regulations and there should also be some sort of course/module handbook which explains the procedures if you have a near-miss and will let you know whether you are eligible to resit these exams.
Charlotte's Web
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
sorry, i left things a little unclear. i recieved notice that i will be able to resit the modules failed in january, in the august exam period. I am just worried that bad results in the april/may exam period may effect this.
If you've been told you can resit, you can resit. The only reason that would not be the case is, for example, if your academic regulation state you need a certain percentage to be eligible for a resit or you need to pass the year, for example. The university must follow whatever is set out in their policy, and can't deviate from it, so as long as you've been through it with a fine tooth comb, you will be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...