does fasting improve exam performance? Watch

khadijahammad33
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
somebody said that they had 8 exams and the first 6 were in Ramadan so they fasted but of course didnt for the last two and they got higher marks in the exams that they fasted on. Has anyone else had this sort of experience?
alainnah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
well I don’t fast but when I’m hungry I tend to score better
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't have to fast so I can't really say, however I do know that I don't perform my best if I feel really full, so if I do eat before an exam it'll be a small snack.
Ascend
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No. Dehydration doesn't improve anything.

https://www.futurity.org/dehydration...ition-1814502/
username3435
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well kinda because you start to metabolize the fat/carbs/protein in your own body which triggers the release of protein BDNF + amyloids in your brain upon autophagy which recycles the old cells to create new bigger ones in order for your body to be more efficient. Hope this helps.
username3435
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's just getting past the first 12-14 hours, then the productivity skyrockets
username3435
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
obviously you still have to revise and stuff
z.ainab
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yep, I definitely have! One of the greatest things that come alongside such a blessed month is that your mind is automatically more focused, making revising more effective and making memory better. Of course, you have to revise as well, Allah gives and provides for us all, just make sure you put in the effort too. He looks at our situation 👀. If you’ve already sat the exams, or are in the process of sitting them and you’re worried about some that you’ve just completed or are yet to be sat (like me 😫) , don’t lose hope, Allah is there for us all- turn to him and ask him for help, he’s capable of anything.Hope that helps,Remember me in your du’as x
Goofballx69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hmm...we actually dont feel it.
(Original post by z.ainab)
Yep, I definitely have! One of the greatest things that come alongside such a blessed month is that your mind is automatically more focused, making revising more effective and making memory better. Of course, you have to revise as well, Allah gives and provides for us all, just make sure you put in the effort too. He looks at our situation 👀. If you’ve already sat the exams, or are in the process of sitting them and you’re worried about some that you’ve just completed or are yet to be sat (like me 😫) , don’t lose hope, Allah is there for us all- turn to him and ask him for help, he’s capable of anything.Hope that helps,Remember me in your du’as x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (205)
22.58%
The paper was reasonable (411)
45.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (169)
18.61%
It was TERRIBLE (123)
13.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise