I give up on my GCSEs. Watch

_gcx
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Huckipity)
Then if you're genuinely working, how do you revise? If you're working really hard and still not even passing I'd recommend contacting your school or doctor and have a chat with them as it definitely shouldn't be this hard for you. Good luck
To say this isn't really fair on the OP, some people struggle more than others.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username4658834)
It may be easy for someone like you. But for me? Not so much.
Here is a great resource for Maths - use the 1- 4 version.

https://www.missbsresources.com/teac...mathspassports

Don't give up
roarchi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it sucks, people are made to feel that education just won't work for them, no matter how hard you try. I hope that in a couple of years you find your 'path' so to speak and understand that once you figure out how to learn, you can learn anything.
I know people that have been retaking their GCSEs for 5+ years, and they never give up. I can understand why you might want to just get on with your life though.
as long as you not giving anything up just because you don't want to take your GCSEs. If you have a passion that needs them TAKE THEM. You will regret it for the rest of your life.
but if not, then I suppose just do what you want, its your life and there are thousands of people who live happy and fulfilled lives with out any formal education. qualifications aren't what makes a person intelligent, it's the knowledge that counts.
Honestly, you will find life a lot harder without GCSEs. But that is your choice, and seeing as you are you then you're probably right.
neko no basu
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there, which aspect of English and maths do you particularly struggle with?

I know it can be stressful but like others have said, if you don't even go to the exam there will be no chance of passing whatsoever. Just turn up to the exam and try your best, don't throw this chance away from you. If you fail, you fail. So? Life moves on. You fall and then you pick yourself back up - admittedly easier said than done but at least you tried. At least you can say to yourself that you've done yourself justice by actually trying.
Just go to the exams because then you'll have no regrets, rather than think back later and wish "oh I wish I at least tried".
Ellie1377
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think everyone here needs to stay kind. Everyone has different experiences of exams and some people are much more academic than others. If you are feeling demotivated try and just think about your future, yes, exams aren't the only way to be successful yet they can help a lot later on in life. Just remember you will only take exams for a few years of your life then they're gone forever. Do your best and if one on one tuition doesn't work in person maybe try videos or online tuition. Just figure out what sort of a learner you are as this will come in handy later on in life. Some people learn best through videos, some revision guides, some interactive things, some people even learn best by just listening to things over and over again. Also, a big part of your grades can often (not always) rely on mental state, friendship group or family situation. So make sure you are staying well rested and aren't getting super stressed, make sure your friends encourage you to try in school because we would all much rather be out with our friends but you just have to persevere and get through it. I wish you all the best and I hope we can all be understanding of one another's strengths and weaknesses. If you need any help please message me I haven't done GCSE English or maths but I have done national 5 English and maths (the Scottish equivalent of GCSEs) and got As and a lot of the course content crosses over also id be happy to help with any extra revision tips. Xx
Firstly, don't act so rude towards me; I haven't been towards you so there's no need for that.

Secondly, any advice that could help, really. How to keep motivated, Why i shouldn't quit. That kind of thing.
baldrica
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you've put in all the effort, then there is no reason why you shouldn't do the exam?
What if it's a nice paper? Or you surprise yourself and can recall lots of information?

Good luck mate!
SmileyfriendlyXD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Blatant troll.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't need to "see what happens" when I know full well what Will happen.
I know that loads of people find passing maths and English gcse difficult. I know that people who pass them easily don’t get what the problem is. I’ve taught maths to adults who never passed at school who go on to pass functional skills and often gcse later in life. Don’t give up and whatever you do, don’t just not turn up, it will seriously annoy staff at your college and you still can benefit from their help with whatever you decide to do next.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by gdunne42; 1 week ago
neko no basu
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
could be... especially since OP's choice of words are pretty sophisticated with the correct use of punctuation, including semi colons . I know some people who failed English language and I don't think they even know what "regardless", "you're sorely mistaken" or "admittedly" means/ would ever think of using it. If you know how to use these phrases then a fail in English language does sound very surprising.
(Original post by SmileyfriendlyXD)
Blatant troll.
Oli9050
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't need to "see what happens" when I know full well what Will happen.
Firstly, going in with this mindset of failure will just set you up to fail. But if you really don't want to do it anymore, nobody is gonna make you. But you must go to the exam, even if you just sit there for a couple of hours and do nothing, you need to go. Your college has PAID for you to sit these exams, when you joined the college you signed a contract (every college does it, you most likely don't remember) which stated a load of things, including scenarios in which you would have to pay up for exams. Not going to an exam is very likely to be one of these situations, so you should go to the exam, might as well even try and pass, just so you don't have to pay a few hundred for it.
simoncowell
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is a lie, sorry but at least try to sound dumb so we can actually believe that you can't even get one GSCE.
Sophhhowa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just sit the exam. You might surprise yourself. It’s only a few hrs the worst case scenario, you fail again, your definitely going to fail if you don’t even turn up so just go and give it ur best shot and see what happens
bigboyjb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
good luck my guy
Hydri
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Damn this yr cohort is one heck of a yr lmfao don’t give up bud , its marathon take it slow and it will end soon before you even know it
Lily-Jane
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My advice:
-take the exam
-give it 100% your best shot
-if you fail talk to your teachers. They will be able to guide you about what to do next. Your school may offer alternate options
-keep trying
-you are not alone in this
-good luck
TngHic
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
with all due respect what advice do you want when you're hellbent on not turning up to the exam. Noone can help someone with an exam their adamant they won't sit. You need to sit that exam. You could get fined if you don't, lose your place at a school if you don't you're guaranteed to fail whereas if you do the exam there's a chance you'll pass despite the fact you think you won't. What if it was decent questions you could answer, you'd regret not being there. If you've truly prepared like you claim to have there is every chance you will. People's brains absorb information if they go over it over and over and over and you get better at practice. I know you're telling everyone that you don't but if the effort is being put in there is no way it won't pay off. Regardless no one can give you any advice for last week preparation if you dont promise you're going to turn up.
Firstly, don't act so rude towards me; I haven't been towards you so there's no need for that.

Secondly, any advice that could help, really. How to keep motivated, Why i shouldn't quit. That kind of thing.
sara.ads
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does your school/college use maths watch? I have found it invaluable, I’m using it to teach myself mathematics! If your able to give it a go
angelike1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by neko no basu)
could be... especially since OP's choice of words are pretty sophisticated with the correct use of punctuation, including semi colons . I know some people who failed English language and I don't think they even know what "regardless", "you're sorely mistaken" or "admittedly" means/ would ever think of using it. If you know how to use these phrases then a fail in English language does sound very surprising.
conjecture
Aryan108
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Broski start working if it looks real bad after whatever skl or college go work and bang some study out
amber2106
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was in the exact same boat as you for my maths gcse. I was fine in all my other subjects buy NEVER ONCE DID I PASS A MATH EXAM AT SKL. Never not once. I felt exactly the same as you but i practised u kno the basics but most importantly had confidence in my abilities, i had faith lol i sound kinda dramatic but dont give up. U still have time to learn the main topics. had 10 days before my maths gcse and each day i would learn 3 topics n do questions and guess what?! I f**king passed🎉. What im saying is its never too late you could still stand a chance at passing.
Last edited by amber2106; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.67%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.12%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.66%
It was TERRIBLE (125)
13.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise