Taking both AS and Alevel exam Watch

Hellosgg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm taking my both AS and Alevel exam this may/june session and I'm really concerned about what if i couldn't pass one level on a particular subject.eg: if i fail my economic first year and pass the second year what happens or if i passed first year and fail in second year . Do i have to give re-exam of both year ???
MariannaL
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
AS don’t count to your final grade but your school will most likely not let you come back next year if you do bad in your AS.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
学生の父
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Hellosgg

As I understand it, you are taking a modular A-level where the first year AS modules still count? If that's the case, you will get UMS marks for each module you sit - the first and second year modules. Your overall grade will depend on the marks you get from each and every module.

It's not a case of passing/failing the papers from the one year or the other; it's the total UMS marks accrued that's important.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I have misunderstood your situation.

(Original post by Hellosgg)
I'm taking my both AS and Alevel exam this may/june session and I'm really concerned about what if i couldn't pass one level on a particular subject.eg: if i fail my economic first year and pass the second year what happens or if i passed first year and fail in second year . Do i have to give re-exam of both year ???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (44)
16.42%
The paper was reasonable (131)
48.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
22.39%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
12.31%

Watched Threads