Which university is better for adult nursing Chester, John moores or edge hill? Watch

Katya_8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I’m about to start my degree in adult nursing in September or March. I have received an offer in all my choices Chester university (warrington campus), Liverpool John Moore's and edge hill and I’m still undecided about where I want to go.

The most important thing for me is the support I would receive as a student so you not kind of left to it and get some help and advice when you’re stuck with the assignments.
Also the friendly environment and teachers. Does anyone studying in any of them university (preferably studying nursing) could give me some opinions please? Some pros and cons of these universities?
Thank you
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Katya_8)
Hi I’m about to start my degree in adult nursing in September or March. I have received an offer in all my choices Chester university (warrington campus), Liverpool John Moore's and edge hill and I’m still undecided about where I want to go.

The most important thing for me is the support I would receive as a student so you not kind of left to it and get some help and advice when you’re stuck with the assignments.
Also the friendly environment and teachers. Does anyone studying in any of them university (preferably studying nursing) could give me some opinions please? Some pros and cons of these universities?
Thank you
Realistically, at university level you won't get as much support as you did at school. Generally there will be a library or student support service which can offer limited advice in terms of assignment structure etc. but whether you get help with the actual subject really depends on your lecturer/tutor and whether they feel it is appropriate to give you that support, but you almost certainly won't be able to get additional teaching. In terms of the actual subjects studied, you will mostly be expected to attend lectures, make notes and then complete additional reading yourself - most of your learning will be self-directed. You should, however get support from your peers.

If you haven't already, it may be worth getting in touch with the universities to see what sort of support they can offer you - the student services or library should be happy to explain the sort of help they can provide.
Edge Hill University
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thank you
Hi Katya, hope you're well!

As an Adult Nursing student at Edge Hill, you'll receive loads of support from both the Faculty of Health and Social Care and our various support teams (including Student Services and Learning Services). Danielle, one of our Adult Nursing students, spoke about her time on the course. You'll especially find her thoughts on personal tutors useful. They're there to offer assistance if you're struggling - the Nursing staff I've spoken to are lovely, but I'm probably a bit biased!

Both our Student Services and Learning Services teams are there to help you. Student Services supports you with your wellbeing, any inclusion needs you have (such as reasonable adjustments for disabilities), offers money advice, runs regular events on campus, and more. Our Learning Services team looks after our Library, runs regular UniSkills classes (helping with things such as essay writing, revision), and more. Hopefully these will help with any trouble you're facing! If not, there's other teams who can also help, including our Students' Union.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Alex
Liverpool John Moores
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thank you
Hi Katya

I have just contacted the department for nursing and found out some useful information for you. LJMU offers a lot of pastoral and academic support such as study skills and workshops. 1 to 1's are available in our learning resource centres for academic support.

You can also submit drafts to your module leader, prior to submission for feedback before submitting the final piece of work.
Your lectures will look at 20% of your work if you are struggling with something, so this means you can direct them to the part you need feedback on.

Student nurses have 1 day per week in University whilst on placement, which acts as support as you have access to your personal tutor and module leader to raise any concerns or worries about placement. there is also an academic link who you can speak to whilst on placement and they can visit you if required.

3 weeks in every year is designated to personal development so your tutors will look at your grades, practice documents and discuss the transition to the next level and how you are feeling about it to get you ready !

If you register here for one of our undergraduate open days you will meet our student mentors who have been through the process of being a student nurse at LJMU and they can give you real advise of how they found it. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask me, as I will find out for you :heart:

Julia
Katya_8
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liverpool John Moores)
Hi Katya

I have just contacted the department for nursing and found out some useful information for you. LJMU offers a lot of pastoral and academic support such as study skills and workshops. 1 to 1's are available in our learning resource centres for academic support.

You can also submit drafts to your module leader, prior to submission for feedback before submitting the final piece of work.
Your lectures will look at 20% of your work if you are struggling with something, so this means you can direct them to the part you need feedback on.

Student nurses have 1 day per week in University whilst on placement, which acts as support as you have access to your personal tutor and module leader to raise any concerns or worries about placement. there is also an academic link who you can speak to whilst on placement and they can visit you if required.

3 weeks in every year is designated to personal development so your tutors will look at your grades, practice documents and discuss the transition to the next level and how you are feeling about it to get you ready !

If you register here for one of our undergraduate open days you will meet our student mentors who have been through the process of being a student nurse at LJMU and they can give you real advise of how they found it. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask me, as I will find out for you :heart:

Julia
Thank you for your reply and for making an effort to find what options are available! I have heard so many good things about studying nursing in LJMU and this reply is a big help. I am originally from another country and I'm fluent in the English language lived here for 6 years now however I still get stuck sometimes. I was just worried I may be left on my own with everything and no support. I may pop into University to make sure I'm definitely making the right firm choice. Thank you!
Katya_8
Rep:
?
(Original post by Edge Hill University)
Hi Katya, hope you're well!

As an Adult Nursing student at Edge Hill, you'll receive loads of support from both the Faculty of Health and Social Care and our various support teams (including Student Services and Learning Services). Danielle, one of our Adult Nursing students, spoke about her time on the course. You'll especially find her thoughts on personal tutors useful. They're there to offer assistance if you're struggling - the Nursing staff I've spoken to are lovely, but I'm probably a bit biased!

Both our Student Services and Learning Services teams are there to help you. Student Services supports you with your wellbeing, any inclusion needs you have (such as reasonable adjustments for disabilities), offers money advice, runs regular events on campus, and more. Our Learning Services team looks after our Library, runs regular UniSkills classes (helping with things such as essay writing, revision), and more. Hopefully these will help with any trouble you're facing! If not, there's other teams who can also help, including our Students' Union.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Alex
Thank you so much for your reply! It's so hard to choose especially between LJMU and Edge Hill they both got brilliant reviews and so much to offer. I may pop into the University to make sure I am making the right firm choice. Thank you!
Edge Hill University
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much for your reply! It's so hard to choose especially between LJMU and Edge Hill they both got brilliant reviews and so much to offer. I may pop into the University to make sure I am making the right firm choice. Thank you!
No problem, have a fantastic time at whichever University you choose!

If you're looking to visit Edge Hill, you can book onto an Open Day or campus tour here.

Alex
Katya_8
Rep:
?
(Original post by Edge Hill University)
No problem, have a fantastic time at whichever University you choose!

If you're looking to visit Edge Hill, you can book onto an Open Day or campus tour here.

Alex
Thanks a lot! I’ve decided to go with my gut feeling and all the good reviews I’ve heard about edge hill and confirmed it as my firmed choice on ucas.
I’ve had the best experience on the open day and the best interview. Staff and students made me feel so welcomed too.
Fingers crossed everything will go as planned. Thank you!
Edge Hill University
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We'll look forward to seeing you in September ! If you have any more questions just let us know.

Alex
Thanks a lot! I’ve decided to go with my gut feeling and all the good reviews I’ve heard about edge hill and confirmed it as my firmed choice on ucas.
I’ve had the best experience on the open day and the best interview. Staff and students made me feel so welcomed too.
Liverpool John Moores
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wishing you all the best with starting University at Edge Hill Katya eart:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (60)
21.82%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (93)
33.82%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
21.45%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (27)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (36)
13.09%

Watched Threads