The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Failure_Time
the measurements were is mm. so its 240/0.06 which is 4000.

2.4 cm = 24mm/0.06 =x400
Reply 981
the email associated with the exam file is some dude called phil hughes
Original post by Rebekah2811
I think I got about 67 marks what grade do you think that’ll be

more than an A
Original post by Thaminder Gill
What is this cube question everyone keeps talking about I dont remember it.

It’s in the combined science paper
If we need to retake because some idiot leaked a paper... gee thanks...

I mean dont get me wrong it's interesting but if we need to retake I genuinely cba
however considering it's after the exam it might not matter?
and its not the answers either
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by HomologousSeries
I'm so confused on how to do that question now. Anyone care to explain?

You had to work out the gradient of that section of the line
I believe I put lamellae for the gills question however I'm right to believe it was stem cells, the only question that didn't go as planned
Yeah, but how do we know if that idiot didn't have access to the papers beforehand?

Original post by TobyyyA
If we need to retake because some idiot leaked a paper... gee thanks...

I mean dont get me wrong it's interesting but if we need to retake I genuinely cba
however considering it's after the exam it might not matter?
I dont know if what i wrote was correct for the pancreatic cancer weight loss question. I bugged out when i read NO hormones, so i was like what? I cant use amylase which obviously is an enzyme but eh, exam pressure.
I wrote that the tumor cell leeches off of the blood supply, draining its nutrients such as amino acids and glucose for itself so it can get larger. Therefore less nutrients to go round for body and so more cell deaths than cells being created in the body hence weight loss.
Im not sure how many marks i would get, any ideas?
i did that too
Original post by GeorgeGB1
I believe I put lamellae for the gills question however I'm right to believe it was stem cells, the only question that didn't go as planned
True very true

im just saying fingers crossed we dont need to retake im not revising the whole of P1 topics again no ty
Original post by HomologousSeries
Yeah, but how do we know if that idiot didn't have access to the papers beforehand?
Nobody was lol
Original post by Char2109
Wasn’t a fan of the diabetes question
it was 24 divided by 0.06

Original post by maxdymond
I swear the magnification one was 4000, had to change cm to mm? 24/0.006?
I think i got 75 out of 100 thats like a 8 becuase the grade boundaries will be so high
Original post by Erevising45
What did everyone put for the monoclonal antibody question? I think I put something about how antibodies bind to molecules in the blood so they can be detected and destroyed.

Original post by PoyrazCimen
more than an A
Sounds like its got to do with osmosis (definition: movement of water from more dilute area to more concentrated area) so if someone has diabetes that means they have more concentrated blood so water will leave body cells by osmosis.
Original post by JaiBurnett
what was the diabetes/ water body cell answer ??
Where is it then link?
Any grade boundary predictions for a 9?
Mhm. Aren't we all in the same boat? Btw anyone seen that yt video from Primrose Kitten that some papers leaked? Did that have anything to do with the science papers?
Original post by TobyyyA
True very true

im just saying fingers crossed we dont need to retake im not revising the whole of P1 topics again no ty
was 400
Original post by renju
I got 320 for magnification qiestion
exactly what i did but last 3 mins i realised
Original post by Kalhorious
I dont know if what i wrote was correct for the pancreatic cancer weight loss question. I bugged out when i read NO hormones, so i was like what? I cant use amylase which obviously is an enzyme but eh, exam pressure.
I wrote that the tumor cell leeches off of the blood supply, draining its nutrients such as amino acids and glucose for itself so it can get larger. Therefore less nutrients to go round for body and so more cell deaths than cells being created in the body hence weight loss.
Im not sure how many marks i would get, any ideas?

Latest

Trending

Trending