AQA Triple Science GCSE Biology - Paper 1 - 14th May 2019 Unofficial Markscheme Watch

Bmalik7860230
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chhaaaa)
what did you all label on the red blood cell.. i labelled the cell membrane but what was the other one? x
is this for combined
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Qadeer1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
400x my dude.
Image size you were meant to measure, it was 2.4cm or 24mm.
The real size they gave was 0.06mm.

Therefore, 24/0.06, if you follow the equation on the paper; gives you 400.
Sammarendaz2003
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Those of you saying the exam was easy, what grades are you expecting/expected and how many marks do you think you have got
ElizaX
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I labelled cell membrane and ribosomes
what did you all label on the red blood cell.. i labelled the cell membrane but what was the other one? x
Yasmatic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hopefully enough to get a 6/7
(Original post by Sammarendaz2003)
Those of you saying the exam was easy, what grades are you expecting/expected and how many marks do you think you have got
Yasmatic
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For the very last question I wrote how monoclonal antibodies work the axolotl was st cells for the first one idk the rest. And it was an anti-malaria drug.
For the antibody question, did you have to mention anything about binding an anti-cancer drug?
and what did everyone write for the axolotl question .. i put vaccinations for the malaria question but i found out theres no vaccines developed against it yett
pinkbacon1437
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
And that they clump them together and trigger phagocytosis is what I also put
(Original post by katem19)
the monoclonal antibodies attach to the tumour markers on the cancer cells
pinkbacon1437
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I said it was easy for research bc it was small? Literally no idea but it said it was small so I guessed.
And it’s an aquatic organism and humans obvs aren’t aquatic for the ‘why isn’t it good for research’.
For the antibody question, did you have to mention anything about binding an anti-cancer drug?
and what did everyone write for the axolotl question .. i put vaccinations for the malaria question but i found out theres no vaccines developed against it yett
pinkbacon1437
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A circle with a nucleus and labelled membrane and nucleus. Idk if they wanted other subcellular structure...what did you do?
(Original post by 4scsabatier)
`what did you draw for the simple cell question (question 1.3) triple higher?
Collapsed26
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pinkbacon1437)
I said it was easy for research bc it was small? Literally no idea but it said it was small so I guessed.
And it’s an aquatic organism and humans obvs aren’t aquatic for the ‘why isn’t it good for research’.
Lmao I put that as well. Never know it might count. Makes sense right? Usually mice, rats and rabbits in the lab which are all small
4scsabatier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pinkbacon1437)
A circle with a nucleus and labelled membrane and nucleus. Idk if they wanted other subcellular structure...what did you do?
the same
pinkbacon1437
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Collapsed26)
Lmao I put that as well. Never know it might count. Makes sense right? Usually mice, rats and rabbits in the lab which are all small
Yeah i mean it's easier than looking at a tiger and placing it on a dissecting table...genuinely what went through my mind in the exam haha
4scsabatier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
there is a vaccine against it i thought
Ilikechicken123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ItZZ_ChAI)
i thought it said not to refer to enzymes
Not to refer to hormones, not enzymes.. I thought the same thing but idk if it counts
Ilikechicken123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Feel like I got around 40 but I’m after a 6
(Original post by Yasmatic)
Hopefully enough to get a 6/7
Jman18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you have to be specific and say brick red or can you say just red?
(Original post by Thattestwsseasy)
Benedicts test for glucose gos brick red
sillysausage77
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I put the monoclonal antibodies have cancer drugs attached to them and are injected into the patient-because of their complimentary shape, lock onto the cancer antigen to deliver the cancer drugs directly.
I'm PRAYING I at least get one mark because I did this exam on a severe lack of sleep
(Original post by Erevising45)
What did everyone put for the monoclonal antibody question? I think I put something about how antibodies bind to molecules in the blood so they can be detected and destroyed.
Justicelux
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is saying blue to orange ok?
(Original post by Jman18)
Do you have to be specific and say brick red or can you say just red?
Ilikechicken123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was gonna put vaccinations, in fact I did, but I crossed it out cuz I remembered that I’m not sure if it was right, something about malaria having mosquitoe nets means that most people need it, if they had vaccines then they wouldn’t need them, then I remembered I read on a mark scheme it said ‘accept insect repellent’ so that’s what I put
Geordybird
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s a myth. The French gcse paper is also online
(Original post by Simms.exe)
Apparently we might have to do a resit. Regardless of them being leaked later on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads