AQA Triple Science GCSE Biology - Paper 1 - 14th May 2019 Unofficial Markscheme Watch

deepakbaji
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Kalhorious)
I dont know if what i wrote was correct for the pancreatic cancer weight loss question. I bugged out when i read NO hormones, so i was like what? I cant use amylase which obviously is an enzyme but eh, exam pressure.
I wrote that the tumor cell leeches off of the blood supply, draining its nutrients such as amino acids and glucose for itself so it can get larger. Therefore less nutrients to go round for body and so more cell deaths than cells being created in the body hence weight loss.
Im not sure how many marks i would get, any ideas?
Bro I did the same tooo... i talked about malignant tumour and how secondary tumour forms in the stomach swelling it and cause weight loss cos less food intake
146AliHassanL
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm not sure if i'm retarded or something but for the monoclonal antibody question i put that to treat the cancer you binded drugs to monoclonal antibodies and as we know monoclonal antibodies bind to a specific antigen so they would be able to bring the drug to the cancer and release it and allow it to be destroyed safely. I don't know if it's since everybody's answers are so different..
siam112
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
can someone anyone please either send me the paper of make like a mark scheme with all the questions in please i am so scared i think i failed but at the same time i think i done well i dont know all i remember is counting 60 marks and thinking yay i got a 7 but now im not so sure
siam112
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
ahhhh man i literally put valve leaks back oxygenated blood so less oxygenated bloood pumped to muscles so less muscle contraption and it would b harder so how many marks do u think that will recieve>>>>>????
(Original post by Collapsed26)
Yes, busted valve means low blood pressure, blood doesnt circulate quick enough to provide o2 to the muscle cells so lactic acid is made, person is in pain
TeoniLee
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No I put the same as you more or less, it depends what the exam board want tbh
(Original post by siam112)
ahhhh man i literally put valve leaks back oxygenated blood so less oxygenated bloood pumped to muscles so less muscle contraption and it would b harder so how many marks do u think that will recieve>>>>>????
2002student
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by maahmed06)
bacterial cell is definitely correct but is red blood cell right?
I would assume so, but mark schemes are evil so they might have wanted a specific ‘type’ rather than example of a cell
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ilikechicken123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This is why I almost always put things like bacteria (prokaryote) you don’t understand how many times the bracket has saved me
(Original post by 2002student)
I would assume so, but mark schemes are evil so they might have wanted a specific ‘type’ rather than example of a cell
2002student
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Ilikechicken123)
This is why I almost always put things like bacteria (prokaryote) you don’t understand how many times the bracket has saved me
Ahhhhh I was thinking about putting the bracket but then I didn’t
Ilikechicken123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yea it’s getting annoying st this point I’m always putting a bracket just in case, like the chemistry paper today I said stuff like the positive electrode (anode) even tho I said anode the sentence before
Ahhhhh I was thinking about putting the bracket but then I didn’t
hem.xx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by chhaaaa)
is that the same as human tissues are different to their tissues
a more specific way of saying it, yes
kapslock16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
not it said not to refer to hormones

(Original post by ItZZ_ChAI)
i thought it said not to refer to enzymes
audxree
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If we're talking about the magnification question we had to measure the cell with our ruler. We should have gotten 2.4 but I got 2.3 (hopefully they accept that bc its close) then you divide by 10 bc cm into mm. So 24/0.06 which gives you 400. I got 389.something but hopefully they give brackets so maybe 360-450 is an acception.
lara13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Erevising45)
What did everyone put for the monoclonal antibody question? I think I put something about how antibodies bind to molecules in the blood so they can be detected and destroyed.
put something about how the monoclonal antibodies will be specific to the tumour cells. you can bind a radiactive substance to the monoclonal antibodies, and the antibodies will be the complementary shape to the tumour cells so they will be attacked but not the normal body cells. not sure if its right though.
RONL
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
7 or 8 depending on how you do on paper 2 but good job!
Boi_Up
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Kareenaranaaaaa)
The cube one I didn’t know what to do on higher
what was the cube one tho
mjhmichael18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
At my school, in the year I did my GCSEs, not many students wanted to do Triple Science so they didn’t offer it as an option. We were then forced to do double Science known as Combined Science in today’s world and then forced to do foundation instead of higher which I wanted to do.
Last edited by mjhmichael18; 5 days ago
hem.xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i wasnt sure if i had to write something like eukaryotic cell or an example
2002student
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by hem.xx)
i wasnt sure if i had to write something like eukaryotic cell or an example
Yeah same, I ended up saying bacterial cell though, this was probably a mistake
swagdonyt
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Nah it said same i had my teqcher check today for me, both plans were together and were both moved as a group to the other destination
(Original post by manav28)
nah it said different places
Failure_Time
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Samuel J. Booker)
Basic animal cell, labelled the ribosome and the mitochondria.
I swear it mentions a light microscope was used. So how can you identify that which were ribosomes and mitochondra
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (495)
26.32%
The paper was reasonable (817)
43.43%
Not feeling great about that exam (369)
19.62%
It was TERRIBLE (200)
10.63%

Watched Threads