The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE biology paper 1 Unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

In the axon question you had to draw an arrow to the part of the neurone going away from the cell body (nucleus).
Was that on the left or right hand side of the cell body?
Original post by Pokefan123!
In the axon question you had to draw an arrow to the part of the neurone going away from the cell body (nucleus).
Reply 62
It was right, the impulse passes dendron to axon
Original post by 311202st
wasn't the direction of the impulse on the sensory neurone question going the wrong way. It was going towards the receptor cells and not towards the dendrites??
Original post by Lauryyys

left
left

Original post by Lauryyys
I did left
Original post by Levi.-
left
Same I thought it was co2

Original post by 06Dhoworth
no because the question was about what was produced so oxygen is produced during photosynthesis not carbon dioxide
What did people get for the rate question?

I got like 0.008s-1

it was 0.21 but on the calculator gave 0.208
Reply 68
0.0015% of 134250= 2.01375 x10^2

No you had to do divide by 15, times 100
what did you all get for the DNA extraction questions?
one of them was 'what was the role of alcohol' and the other one i remember was 'give two variables that need to be controlled'
same

same
Reply 71
i cant actually remember which lens was which but i chose the one that wasnt an oval shaoe

0.0015% of 134250= 2.01375 x10^2

Original post by mono5304
I all the same apart from lens y. I chose lens x but I'm not too sure what's correct
Original post by sunnycloudyskies
one of them was 'what was the role of alcohol' and the other one i remember was 'give two variables that need to be controlled'

ethanol forms a white precipitate so its easier to see and extract and for the variables i put mass of the fruit and volume of ethanol
what do you think grade boundires are going to be
Reply 74
ethanol- releases dna as stringy white percipitate
and controls- amount of buffer solution in each
anount if ethanol used (not sure)
Original post by sunnycloudyskies
i didn't understand the question were it was like why did they change the classification to archaea/bacteria/eukarya ://
improvements in genetic analysis?
Original post by mangobite
i didn't understand the question were it was like why did they change the classification to archaea/bacteria/eukarya ://
oh and the questions about lactose
one of them was on "describe an experiment to find the optimum temperature of lactose"
Reply 78
That was right
Original post by cats786
A. O
b. Ab. Bo
o. Ao. Oo

Original post by bhx6
i ccant remember which was X which was y but i did the one that wasnt a oval shape, probably wrong tho
Reply 79
I put that DNA is insoluble in cold alcohol and therefore you can get it out
Original post by Levi.-
ethanol forms a white precipitate so its easier to see and extract and for the variables i put mass of the fruit and volume of ethanol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending