Messed up dissertation title. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I submitted my dissertation a month ago but I am seeing everyone’s amazing titles and mine was rubbish! It was too complicated and long, I hate myself
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I submitted my dissertation a month ago but I am seeing everyone’s amazing titles and mine was rubbish! It was too complicated and long, I hate myself
Just ask if you can change it and explain why or a new angle you wish to approach. Its better to do some research before deciding on the area and angle of attack to make sure its informed and theres enough stuff there.
PhoenixFortune
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Long titles aren't necessarily bad, as some topics will naturally require more words to be explained. It's pointless to compare your dissertation to others' when you all did different topics.
Samsam2019
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Oh no, now you will fail your course and will be a laughing stock for the rest of your life.

More seriously, dissertation marking at undergraduate level will focus on your content, structure, data and analysis. Maybe (and this is just a maybe) one or pushing it two marks will be deducted for a misleading title. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...