Godsuya
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Lets try construct an in-comprehensive mark scheme so we have an idea on how we did, Please Contribute!

Current MS:
Last edited by Godsuya; 2 years ago
Beanmaisy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
GCSE?
Godsuya
Rep:
?
Yeah
guest0809
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what did anyone put for why someone with pancreatic cancer may lose weight
Godsuya
Rep:
?
(Original post by guest0809)
what did anyone put for why someone with pancreatic cancer may lose weight
• pancreas produces none/mutated enzymes
• these have deformed active site
• break down of substrates is limited
• less nutrient/caloric intake = loss of weight

wbu?
mister flump
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I put that cos the pancreas makes lipase, it will no longer be produced so the body won't be able to break fats into glycerol and fatty acids so you won't be able to use and store the fats the same way but yours sounds better
jjjjxxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what did yall do for the cubes question? i worked out the suface area and volume and got the ratio 6:1
Godsuya
Rep:
?
(Original post by mister flump)
I put that cos the pancreas makes lipase, it will no longer be produced so the body won't be able to break fats into glycerol and fatty acids so you won't be able to use and store the fats the same way but yours sounds better
you gave an example, that’s probably good.

Let’s just hope for low grade boundaries, hopefully the lowest for a 9 is nothing above 75
mister flump
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Some of my friends struggled with why diabetics have less water, my friend happens to be a diabetic and he confirmed my answer.. I basicly put that the without insulin being produced the body tries to find other ways of regulating blood sugar levels such as urinating the sugar out.. it's a bit more complex than that but it was only a 3 marker so I didn't write much more than that
(Original post by Godsuya)
Lets try construct an in-comprehensive mark scheme so we have an idea on how we did, Please Contribute!

Current MS:
Godsuya
Rep:
?
(Original post by jjjjxxx)
what did yall do for the cubes question? i worked out the suface area and volume and got the ratio 6:1
sounds like you did the combined paper. there’s a popular thread discussing that paper, i’m sure you’ll find your answer there
Godsuya
Rep:
?
(Original post by mister flump)
Some of my friends struggled with why diabetics have less water, my friend happens to be a diabetic and he confirmed my answer.. I basicly put that the without insulin being produced the body tries to find other ways of regulating blood sugar levels such as urinating the sugar out.. it's a bit more complex than that but it was only a 3 marker so I didn't write much more than that
you could have added/mentioned how:

• water is lost through osmosis
• as concentration of sugar is high
• water passes through the cells partially permeable membrane down the concentration gradient out of the cell
jsargent111
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jjjjxxx)
what? what page was this on? didn't even see this question
Loshuevosftw
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I might be spouting nonsense but for the pancreatic cancer qs i said that the tumour may cause more digestive enzymes to be produced than normal so food is digested quicker so it causes people to lose weight because nothing is being stored but immediately used for energy 😭
24ioan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the pancreas one I said that the cancerous cells would be dividing rapidly by mitosis which requires energy in respiration so fat stores may be broken down to provide glucose for the respiration needed for division, causing the person to lose mass
gurll4224
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Godsuya)

Current MS:
have you found the mark scheme yet??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
31.43%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
5.71%
No I am happy with my choice (20)
57.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (2)
5.71%

Watched Threads