It's not me Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been feeling very dissociated from my body and my life in general recently. I can barely recognise myself in the mirror, and my consciousness seems almost disconnected from reality. I am struggling to feel "human" and content with myself. I often find myself pinching or tapping myself as if to confirm that I exist.

I don't notice it so much when I am absorbed with a task or activity, but as soon as I am alone or unoccupied my awareness of my own lack of identity returns.

I find myself increasing content with solitude, to the point where I am almost happy to live within my own head. I am also becoming very internally critical of others and their (inter)actions. In general I feel quite empty.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to deal with this? I'm not really comfortable speaking to my parents or my friends about it because I don't want to alienate or burden them. Thanks.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I feel the same way too. I have a job but don't use the lunch breaks to talk to others. Maybe it's because, like you, I'm always occupied with a task. And to be honest, my job is the reason why I'm still here. To lose it would completely crush me
Hmmmmmmm?
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If this is normal for you, then you’ve just lost your old self.
Something that helped me out of it was watching “When I Was A Kid MAP” on YouTube. It’s not much, but it feels human. Listening to it with headphones/earbuds lets you immerse yourself in it and if you let your mind go blank, it helps. Or it at least helped me a few years back. Fingers crossed it helps you.
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been feeling very dissociated from my body and my life in general recently. I can barely recognise myself in the mirror, and my consciousness seems almost disconnected from reality. I am struggling to feel "human" and content with myself. I often find myself pinching or tapping myself as if to confirm that I exist.

I don't notice it so much when I am absorbed with a task or activity, but as soon as I am alone or unoccupied my awareness of my own lack of identity returns.

I find myself increasing content with solitude, to the point where I am almost happy to live within my own head. I am also becoming very internally critical of others and their (inter)actions. In general I feel quite empty.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to deal with this? I'm not really comfortable speaking to my parents or my friends about it because I don't want to alienate or burden them. Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.79%
The paper was reasonable (427)
44.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.28%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.08%

Watched Threads