Having second thoughts about uni choices Watch

HanimalGurl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I chose my firm and insurance unis in like February (Loughborough -Firm, Swansea - Insurance) and feel like i've made a big mistake, I initially wanted to go to Swansea as it made me feel comfortable and the teachers seem so supportive, then went to loughborough they had better projects they were working on and the campus was nice but I didn't feel as comfortable there, and for some reason at the time just picked loughborough as my firm as it was high on the rankings and would give me better grad prospects because of it (Employees looking more towards top 10 unis for computer science).

Swansea also offered the opportunity to have an unconditional offer but all you could hear during that time was that "you shouldn't give in to unconditionals"... "they are probably just trying to fill seats"..."they may not be good", etc. which kind of just deterred me away from firming Swansea. But now I kinda feel like I regret picking Loughborough because of the way it looked on paper and its campus, plus don't even know if I will get into loughborough for computer science as I was required to get a DistAB and have been getting less than those grades in my recent mock tests for maths and chemistry but finished ICT to a Dist *, would it be too late to ask for an unconditional offer or to make swansea my firm, or have I missed my opportunity and should just stick with what I have?
Last edited by HanimalGurl; 1 week ago
Admit-One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HanimalGurl)
I chose my firm and insurance unis in like February (Loughborough -Firm, Swansea - Insurance) and feel like i've made a big mistake, I initially wanted to go to Swansea as it made me feel comfortable and the teachers seem so supportive, then went to loughborough they had better projects they were working on and the campus was nice but I didn't feel as comfortable there, and for some reason at the time just picked loughborough as my firm as it was high on the rankings and would give me better grad prospects because of it (Employees looking more towards top 10 unis for computer science).

Swansea also offered the opportunity to have an unconditional offer but all you could hear during that time was that "you shouldn't give in to unconditionals"... "they are probably just trying to fill seats"..."they may not be good", etc. which kind of just deterred me away from firming Swansea. But now I kinda feel like I regret picking Loughborough because of the way it looked on paper and its campus, plus don't even know if I will get into loughborough for computer science as I was required to get a DistAB and have been getting less than those grades in my recent mock tests for maths and chemistry but finished ICT to a Dist *, would it be too late to ask for an unconditional offer or to make swansea my firm, or have I missed my opportunity and should just stick with what I have?
They're not going to take away your existing offers just for asking, so you've nothing to lose.

There is a stickied thread about how to go about changing your choices here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5907064
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (43)
16.1%
The paper was reasonable (131)
49.06%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
22.47%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
12.36%

Watched Threads