Tips for Anatomy Medicine exam? Watch

BlueSpikes
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Got my last exam of first year in 2 days. Its a test of anatomy with flags in muscles etc.
I really need to do well in this so I dont get kicked out.
best resources anyone?

Thank you.
MathsGeek123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BlueSpikes)
Got my last exam of first year in 2 days. Its a test of anatomy with flags in muscles etc.
best resources anyone?

Thank you.
Hello BlueSpikes,

How did it go? Personally, I did little to no work during 1st year and just had my exam at Leicester Med School about a week ago. I just read and hope it sticks. How do you revise?

Thanks a lot.
WannabeDoc25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
best resources anyone?

Thank you.
Hey Blue,

Hope your exam went well. Personally it depends on your current level of attainment. As a senior student, I hope you get at least above 80% since a lot of the content tested is pure core knowledge and if you struggled with this exam then you will find the following years extremely difficult if you decide to work at a slow pace.

Aside from the question you posed, I would aim to achieve around 75-80% in your pre-clinical years otherwise the clinical years become havoc and it will seem as if you are always behind. My advice is stay within a group of friends that constantly test you. If they do not revise with you, time to find a group that does.

Good luck.
BlueSpikes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MathsGeek123)
Hello BlueSpikes,

How did it go? Personally, I did little to no work during 1st year and just had my exam at Leicester Med School about a week ago. I just read and hope it sticks. How do you revise?

Thanks a lot.
I am similar. I just read and try to remember what i just read for anatomy and most other things.
I am also a first year at leicester med lol...
The bad thing in my case is when i was revising alot of stuff was new to me as I was quite lazy in the second semester compared to the first.
Hoping that I have done alright to pass. The anatomy exam (IUA) was OK i think.
BlueSpikes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by WannabeDoc25)
Hey Blue,

Hope your exam went well. Personally it depends on your current level of attainment. As a senior student, I hope you get at least above 80% since a lot of the content tested is pure core knowledge and if you struggled with this exam then you will find the following years extremely difficult if you decide to work at a slow pace.

Aside from the question you posed, I would aim to achieve around 75-80% in your pre-clinical years otherwise the clinical years become havoc and it will seem as if you are always behind. My advice is stay within a group of friends that constantly test you. If they do not revise with you, time to find a group that does.

Good luck.
Thank you. I know of a group that do this testing of each other.
I will aim to become less lazy in pre clinical for sure. I was thinking to increase the work ethic for the best.
And what do you mean by a senior student?
I will definitely act on what you have said as I feel it will be benificial.
MathsGeek123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am similar. I just read and try to remember what i just read for anatomy and most other things.
I am also a first year at leicester med lol...
The bad thing in my case is when i was revising alot of stuff was new to me as I was quite lazy in the second semester compared to the first.
Hoping that I have done alright to pass. The anatomy exam (IUA) was OK i think.
You're in 1st Year too? Niceee. I did a foundation year first and now 1st year. Definitely Kick the Laziness out. But touching on what WannabeDoc25 said, You dont just want to pass - gotta aim high.

All the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.13%
The paper was reasonable (1114)
55.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (442)
21.86%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.91%

Watched Threads