Oxford Brookes Univ., BSc Computer Science for Computer Security - now NCSC-certified

Watch
The National Cyber Security Centre
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Those thinking of studying this subject may like to know that Oxford Brookes' BSc Computer Science for Computer Security has recently achieved Provisional Certification under the programme we run here at the National Cyber Security Centre to identify excellent degrees in cyber security.

Undertaking an NCSC-certified degree means that you will be studying relevant and high-quality material, delivered by knowledgeable staff in excellent facilities. Each course has been assessed against rigorous standards by a panel of independent experts, drawn from industry, government and academia.

Students who successfully complete a NCSC-certified degree programme are provided with an additional form of recognition (in the form of a certificate), which will help employers distinguish between applicants’ qualifications.

You can find more details of the scheme at https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/...w-applicants-0, or feel free to ask us any questions you may have.
Advertisement
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for letting everyone know, it is great news!

I am a student here at Oxford Brookes so happy to answer anyone's questions about Oxford Brookes.

Issy
(Original post by The National Cyber Security Centre)
Those thinking of studying this subject may like to know that Oxford Brookes' BSc Computer Science for Computer Security has recently achieved Provisional Certification under the programme we run here at the National Cyber Security Centre to identify excellent degrees in cyber security.

Undertaking an NCSC-certified degree means that you will be studying relevant and high-quality material, delivered by knowledgeable staff in excellent facilities. Each course has been assessed against rigorous standards by a panel of independent experts, drawn from industry, government and academia.

Students who successfully complete a NCSC-certified degree programme are provided with an additional form of recognition (in the form of a certificate), which will help employers distinguish between applicants’ qualifications.

You can find more details of the scheme at https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/...w-applicants-0, or feel free to ask us any questions you may have.
Poligera
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any current/recent student on here?
I want to apply for next year (mature student), so need to know how many days per week students attend (part time and full time).
Just so I can approximately plan if I can keep my part time job alongside my studies...
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Poligera)
Any current/recent student on here?
I want to apply for next year (mature student), so need to know how many days per week students attend (part time and full time).
Just so I can approximately plan if I can keep my part time job alongside my studies...
Thanks in advance!
Hey Poligera,

I hope you're doing well.

We're glad to hear that you're thinking about studying Computer Science for Cyber Security at Oxford Brookes!
The timetable differs for every course, but on an average, you will most likely attend classes for 3-4 days if you're planning on being a full-time student. Part-time students will attend lectures for mostly 1 or 2 days, depending on the number of modules they take each semester. Generally, lectures last for 3 hours and in some courses, you may have to attend two lectures for different modules on the same day but may have just one lecture/tutorial on another day.

I'm a third-year Biomedical Science student at Oxford Brookes, and I work part-time whilst attending university. So please do feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the University or Student Life or if you would like me to elaborate on anything I've mentioned and I will be happy to answer them!

Good luck,
Ash
Last edited by Oxford Brookes University; 4 weeks ago
Akuma
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/...rees#section_2

Wow. Who'd have thought Oxford Brookes would make it into the same elite grouping as Cardiff Met? What do they need to do to join Edinburgh Napier in holding the full version of this highly meaningful certification that not even Oxford's or Cambridge's undergraduate courses have managed to acquire?
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
16.1%
I'm not sure (8)
3.9%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (72)
35.12%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.46%
I'm not a current university student (89)
43.41%

Watched Threads