libbyc0159
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
can you pass english lit with no quotes?
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
''No''. - Me
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It wouldn’t be wise to but for an inspector calls I did no quotes for an Eric question and a birling quote and I got a 6 (but it depends on your other test)
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
''No''. - Me
He's right, OP.
Moodymuna
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I never use quotes but still get a 5😂, wouldnt recommend tho
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can embed quotes if you're feeling risky but I would rely on full quotes with a couple embedded for extra fanciness. :yep:

What texts are you doing tomorrow?
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
He's right, OP.
''I'm always right except when I'm wrong''. - Also me
Wonyo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
quotes are very much needed for AO2...

analysis with no quotes would be hard lol

however, some level 9 answers only contain 3-4 other quotes from other places in the play/novella. remember it is not how many quotes but what you do with them. pick quotes that you know you will write a lot about
lilTrain
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
probably nope
but u dont need to remember quotes word for word so its alright, as long as u get the whole meaning of it and remember the keywords it should be fine?
or instead of quotes if ur really desperate, describe the scene. i do that all the time for the modern text (DNA) in paper 2 lol
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just learn them. It doesn't take long to memorise a few quotations - write a list of those you think you need to know and it shouldn't take you more than 20-30 mins to commit them to (short-term) memory. Remember to keep them short - 8 words max per quote is an ideal limit. Anything longer and you need to really question if you're straying too far from the point.
libbyc0159
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
You can embed quotes if you're feeling risky but I would rely on full quotes with a couple embedded for extra fanciness. :yep:

What texts are you doing tomorrow?
Macbeth and poetry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (733)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (926)
42.77%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads