Wjec physics unit 1 2019 Watch

Crow_M
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hey everyone! How did it go? Was there any questions that you found hard?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Crow_M; 4 days ago
John Michaels
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I made loads of silly mistakes, but the paper itself wasn’t too bad. The moments question was harddddd though
itsbritneyb*tch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
what was the moments question again? like all the parts?
Crow_M
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by itsbritneyb*tch)
what was the moments question again? like all the parts?
The graph, the weight calculations, suggestions to improve method, say why it didn't topple and the definition of principle of moments. Great memory uh boi 😂
itsbritneyb*tch
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Crow_M)
The graph, the weight calculations, suggestions to improve method, say why it didn't topple and the definition of principle of moments. Great memory uh boi 😂
wait weren’t the weight calculations found using the equation and the graph? I thought that was quite easy? rearranging the equation into y=mx+c then using gradient and y intercept of graph to find the weights
Ollymapps
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by John Michaels)
I made loads of silly mistakes, but the paper itself wasn’t too bad. The moments question was harddddd though
I made a monumental silly mistake, i spent ages on the probe one where it asked for the force exerted on the probe by the explosion over 2 ms i was there like what is a metre second hahaha, realised as soon as i got out it meant millisecond ffs, probably the dumbest thing ive every done ever in an exam
itsbritneyb*tch
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Ollymapps)
I made a monumental silly mistake, i spent ages on the probe one where it asked for the force exerted on the probe by the explosion over 2 ms i was there like what is a metre second hahaha, realised as soon as i got out it meant millisecond ffs, probably the dumbest thing ive every done ever in an exam
what did you get for that force? and also what did you do to explain the effect of changing length of the dog lead?
Ollymapps
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
what did you get for that force? and also what did you do to explain the effect of changing length of the dog lead?
like 44000N or something, and i cant remember totally i think i said it was no different cos the horizontal tension but i was so confused cos idk why they drawn the 20 degrees on the second diagram, im pretty convinced i messed that q up as well ffs
itsbritneyb*tch
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
like 44000N or something, and i cant remember totally i think i said it was no different cos the horizontal tension but i was so confused cos idk why they drawn the 20 degrees on the second diagram, im pretty convinced i messed that q up as well ffs
ye me too don’t worry, I got like 100,000 or 1,000,000N for the force idk what I did :/ probably wrong ahah
Ollymapps
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
ye me too don’t worry, I got like 100,000 or 1,000,000N for the force idk what I did :/ probably wrong ahah
i think u was meant to use newtons second law and use 2x10^3 seconds as the time, if u used newtons second law tho u probabyl get a mark for that and it was only a two marker anyway, do u mean u messed that q up as well or u also got the change in tension as nothing?
itsbritneyb*tch
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
i think u was meant to use newtons second law and use 2x10^3 seconds as the time, if u used newtons second law tho u probabyl get a mark for that and it was only a two marker anyway, do u mean u messed that q up as well or u also got the change in tension as nothing?
ye I got the tension wont change, but that force one I did like f=ma using acceleration as the change in velocity over time
Crow_M
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I thought that it was 2 metres as my teacher said that they once made a mistake on the paper and it just meant 2 metres 😭. The ms in the paper looks so confusing though, shouldn't they say (millisecond) so people don't get confused 🙄
Ollymapps
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
ye I got the tension wont change, but that force one I did like f=ma using acceleration as the change in velocity over time
i think my mate got that so you probably got it right, that question in particular had a massive range of answer tho, like ive seen people say they had 48N all the way up to like 5x10^8N lol
itsbritneyb*tch
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I thought that it was 2 metres as my teacher said that they once made a mistake on the paper and it just meant 2 metres 😭. The ms in the paper looks so confusing though, shouldn't they say (millisecond) so people don't get confused 🙄
I get what you mean but if u can’t see that ms means milliseconds u shouldn’t rly be doing a level physics ya know...
Ollymapps
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
haha thats relieving at least i wasnt the only one, only 2 marks anyway so hopefully wont be make or break
Crow_M
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
I get what you mean but if u can’t see that ms means milliseconds u shouldn’t rly be doing a level physics ya know...
I mean if you're taught to treat it as metres (metre)s then I guess that it's not my fault, is it? :P

Plus ms can definitely be misinterpreted as I wasn't the only one apparently 👀
itsbritneyb*tch
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I mean if you're taught to treat it as metres (metre)s then I guess that it's not my fault, is it? :P

Plus ms can definitely be misinterpreted as I wasn't the only one apparently 👀
omg sorry that sounded way more hateful than I anticipated ahaha, how did you draw your star intensity graph for the other star??
Ollymapps
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
omg sorry that sounded way more hateful than I anticipated ahaha, how did you draw your star intensity graph for the other star??
i got the ratio as 5.68 or something so i just drawn the curve w a spectral intensite of 1? it was a low arch
Crow_M
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
i got the ratio as 5.68 or something so i just drawn the curve w a spectral intensite of 1? it was a low arch
That's right 👌
Rockrs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I got that using F=mv-mu/t
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?