Need advice on how to get over a bad fight with my partner, struggling to forgive him Watch

Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by earlybird88)
What do you mean by he ended up hitting you and dislocating your shoulder? How did that happen?
I wouldn't stop taunting him, so he snapped and backhanded me. 😂 And to stop me from going out, he physically restrained me, twisted my arm behind my back and ****ed up my shoulder.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by jbamber)
do not forgive him, he will do it again. I have this happen to me, trust me
Naw, he won't. You shouldn't put up with that, though.
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You seem to have many relationship problems
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
You seem to have many relationship problems
I guess my relationships can be a bit too passionate at times? Lol.
earlybird88
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm sorry but don't blame yourself in his actions. This is toxic. He shouldn't have touched you no matter what. Please do not stay with him. It will happen again.
(Original post by Ciel.)
I wouldn't stop taunting him, so he snapped and backhanded me. 😂 And to stop me from going out, he physically restrained me, twisted my arm behind my back and ****ed up my shoulder.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by earlybird88)
I'm sorry but don't blame yourself in his actions. This is toxic. He shouldn't have touched you no matter what. Please do not stay with him. It will happen again.
No, it won't. This isn't a new relationship, he's a good person.
Molseh
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
But you clearly aren't.
(Original post by Ciel.)
No, it won't. This isn't a new relationship, he's a good person.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Molseh)
But you clearly aren't.
Lmfao, yeah, I'm soooo evil. You don't know what 'a bad person' means, hun.
Molseh
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yeah; you are an outstanding person.
(Original post by Ciel.)
Long story short, recently my life spiraled a bit out of control. The usual stuff, meaning spending way too much money on all sorts of useless crap, too much partying, and cheating.
(Original post by Ciel.)
Lmfao, yeah, I'm soooo evil. You don't know what 'a bad person' means, hun.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Yeah; you are an outstanding person.
A temporary lapse of judgment doesn't make me evil.
Molseh
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Your post history would suggest it is far from temporary.
(Original post by Ciel.)
A temporary lapse of judgment doesn't make me evil.
London090
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
This probably isn't going to be what you want to hear but I think you should end the relationship. If it's gotten to the point where you don't want him to touch you anymore and his attitude reminds you of someone you "hate" then this isn't worth it and it won't last. If you want this to still work out then you both need to take time apart and live separately for a while to work yourselves out. If you don't think you want this relationship badly then let it go. I hope it works out well for you.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Your post history would suggest it is far from temporary.
But it is. I'm currently on my best behaviour. 😂
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by London090)
This probably isn't going to be what you want to hear but I think you should end the relationship. If it's gotten to the point where you don't want him to touch you anymore and his attitude reminds you of someone you "hate" then this isn't worth it and it won't last. If you want this to still work out then you both need to take time apart and live separately for a while to work yourselves out. If you don't think you want this relationship badly then let it go. I hope it works out well for you.
I know what you mean, but I hope that my aversion towards him is temporary. We can' 'live separately for a while', because I can't just move out.
Tawny007
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
This relationship sounds quite toxic for both parties involved.
I've been reading the comments and it sounds like you've cheated a few times and he's ended up hitting you as well.
I would 💯 agree with some other commenters saying that the relationship may have run its course but I've seen OP respond saying it's not an option, do you mind me asking why it is completely not an option?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tawny007)
This relationship sounds quite toxic for both parties involved.
I've been reading the comments and it sounds like you've cheated a few times and he's ended up hitting you as well.
I would 💯 agree with some other commenters saying that the relationship may have run its course but I've seen OP respond saying it's not an option, do you mind me asking why it is completely not an option?
Because I don't want to break up with him. I don't want to be in a long term thing with anyone else. He knows me better than anyone, because he's been with me through my worst times, he knows things I would NEVER share with other people. Besides, I have nowhere to go.
Tawny007
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Because I don't want to break up with him. I don't want to be in a long term thing with anyone else. He knows me better than anyone, because he's been with me through my worst times, he knows things I would NEVER share with other people. Besides, I have nowhere to go.
It sounds like a fear of the unknown more than a genuine want for this relationship. It doesn't sound healthy. Personally if I were in your shoes I would end it and focus on yourself for a while, it sounds like you have some 'demons' (it's what I call my mental health battles) of your own to conquer and then once you've done that, there might be the chance to reconcile this relationship again or if not you'll be in a better place to start a new relationship which may be better for you.

This is from an outside perspective and on limited knowledge of your whole relationship. None of this is meant to cause any offence and is just purely opinion.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tawny007)
It sounds like a fear of the unknown more than a genuine want for this relationship. It doesn't sound healthy. Personally if I were in your shoes I would end it and focus on yourself for a while, it sounds like you have some 'demons' (it's what I call my mental health battles) of your own to conquer and then once you've done that, there might be the chance to reconcile this relationship again or if not you'll be in a better place to start a new relationship which may be better for you.

This is from an outside perspective and on limited knowledge of your whole relationship. None of this is meant to cause any offence and is just purely opinion.
No, I know exactly what I want, it's not purely because I'm 'comfortable' in our relationship. I guess I just need a short break from him. Oh, and it's fine, I'm not offended.
Tawny007
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
No, I know exactly what I want, it's not purely because I'm 'comfortable' in our relationship. I guess I just need a short break from him. Oh, and it's fine, I'm not offended.
Then maybe you've just solved it yourself... go on a break for a while.
Hope you can sort it out, all the best 😊
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
correction*

Also it's clear that OP likes being dommed by her big muscly man
OP is a man.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (518)
26.21%
The paper was reasonable (861)
43.57%
Not feeling great about that exam (388)
19.64%
It was TERRIBLE (209)
10.58%

Watched Threads