triviaking
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi. Made a similar thread about how I should revise for the year 10 end of year mocks. I want to get all 9s and 8s at GCSE, so what grades do you think I should be getting in the mocks in order to achieve my desired grades at gcse?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by triviaking)
Hi. Made a similar thread about how I should revise for the year 10 end of year mocks. I want to get all 9s and 8s at GCSE, so what grades do you think I should be getting in the mocks in order to achieve my desired grades at gcse?
I mean, ideally you'd want to get similar grades on your mocks as you want to get on your final exams.

In terms of revising, tactics will depend a lot on subject but I'd suggest:

-Learn all key words and definitions (and required practicals for science, quotes for English etc.). Try different techniques for this to see what works for you.
-Practice making links between different topics e.g. using mind maps.
-Use past papers to practice your exam technique- self marking is a good as you get to see what examiners are looking for.
SchmuckOff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me and my mates didn't revise for the year 10 mocks but ended up with 6's and 7's. Currently I'm on target to 5 9's in these GCSE's and have an exam tommorow ! It depends on if you're taking this mocks seriously or not. If you are you should be aiming for 7's and above to try and get 9's at GCSE
triviaking
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
And if im not taking them seriously?

(Original post by SchmuckOff)
Me and my mates didn't revise for the year 10 mocks but ended up with 6's and 7's. Currently I'm on target to 5 9's in these GCSE's and have an exam tommorow ! It depends on if you're taking this mocks seriously or not. If you are you should be aiming for 7's and above to try and get 9's at GCSE
SchmuckOff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nothing lower than 6's I'd say.
natashadavis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In all honestly I regret not taking my mocks seriously, if u revise properly for all of ur mocks it makes it so much easier when u get round to actual GCSEs, I’m doing GCSEs now and I’m having to cram revise so much
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you want to get all 9s and 8s, you need to take your mocks seriously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (401)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.68%

Watched Threads