OCR A Level Paper 1: Modelling Physics A 20th May General discussion Watch

B0redBrioche
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Didn't see a discussion thread so thought I would make one, how are people feeling?
mathschem
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
hoping for a nice paper! what do you think will come up!
B0redBrioche
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Im thinking thermal physics, E=mctheta, life cycle of a star, red shift/Doppler effect or more cosmology, it felt more weighted towards the mechanics side last year
mathschem
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by B0redBrioche)
Im thinking thermal physics, E=mctheta, life cycle of a star, red shift/Doppler effect or more cosmology, it felt more weighted towards the mechanics side last year
i agree with the cosmology i'm also thinking SHM?
B0redBrioche
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Not a bad shout, honestly not too worried about this paper, paper 2 and 3 i'm dreading
(Original post by mathschem)
mathschem
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

me too paper 3 is dreadful!!!!!!!!!!!! and having fm on the same day doesn't help
Paper 2- ahhh all moduke 4/6
mathschem
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
what practical questions are people predicting for paper 1?
saraahmed11223
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I also think something to do with moments with an angle involved and also springs/materials
BlueSkye
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
We did a mock for paper 1 and 2 but didn't have time to do paper 3 before exams all started so I've never done one under proper exam conditions before, why is 3 so hard? Paper 2 seems to be the one unanimously hated at out school

me too paper 3 is dreadful!!!!!!!!!!!! and having fm on the same day doesn't help
Paper 2- ahhh all moduke 4/6
mathschem
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
you know what! we haven't done a mock for paper 3 either!!!! I think it's because it can test the hardest of questions and can be literally anything!
How did your mocks go? And I agree paper 2 is dreadful- circuits,fields is scaring me haha !
(Original post by BlueSkye)
We did a mock for paper 1 and 2 but didn't have time to do paper 3 before exams all started so I've never done one under proper exam conditions before, why is 3 so hard? Paper 2 seems to be the one unanimously hated at out school
BlueSkye
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
you know what! we haven't done a mock for paper 3 either!!!! I think it's because it can test the hardest of questions and can be literally anything!
How did your mocks go? And I agree paper 2 is dreadful- circuits,fields is scaring me haha !
Got A's in paper 1 and 2 (we did the 2018 papers before they become public and used the grade boundries for that year) which was very surprising as I've never really been an A grade student (mainly B's) but maybe they were easy papers idrk. How about you? And now i'm thinking about it I don't think I've done anything specifically for paper 3, let's hope they let us off easy haha, do you know if there's often questions on practicals or if that's only really in paper 1 and 2?
mathschem
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I did the mocks in January haha so we left out some of the content! So I didn't really consider it as a mock tbh. When did you sit yours? Me neither for paper 3 I haven't done anything. I have just been revising module 3/5 for paper 1 and 4/6 for paper 2 alongside practicals but I have literally no idea what type of practical to expect for paper 1 haha. Fingers crossed OCR are nice but are they ever? I think I need to do more revision for paper 2 though!
Got A's in paper 1 and 2 (we did the 2018 papers before they become public and used the grade boundries for that year) which was very surprising as I've never really been an A grade student (mainly B's) but maybe they were easy papers idrk. How about you? And now i'm thinking about it I don't think I've done anything specifically for paper 3, let's hope they let us off easy haha, do you know if there's often questions on practicals or if that's only really in paper 1 and 2?
BlueSkye
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I did the mocks in January haha so we left out some of the content! So I didn't really consider it as a mock tbh. When did you sit yours? Me neither for paper 3 I haven't done anything. I have just been revising module 3/5 for paper 1 and 4/6 for paper 2 alongside practicals but I have literally no idea what type of practical to expect for paper 1 haha. Fingers crossed OCR are nice but are they ever? I think I need to do more revision for paper 2 though!
Did the mocks literally in the last couple weeks, was going to do the last mock the week after next in the half term but she decided that's a bit late so we're just going to do it at home I think now the papers are public. I did a load of revision over easter hols for physics but am now terrified ive forgotten it all and don't really have time to go over it all again as I'm revising for Economics which has paper 1 on the same day as paper 1 physics, and paper 2 the day before physics paper 2. What other subjects are you doing?
mathschem
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I honestly feel the same. Over easter i did loads of revision for phys/chem. and now it's getting too much! Good luck for economics! My friend last year did both economics and physics last year and prioritised econ over physics as that's what she was going to study at uni! I'm doing phys,chem ,fm and maths how about you? Hopefully we'll both be fine I'm trying to revise topics that didn't come up in june 17 and 18!
Did the mocks literally in the last couple weeks, was going to do the last mock the week after next in the half term but she decided that's a bit late so we're just going to do it at home I think now the papers are public. I did a load of revision over easter hols for physics but am now terrified ive forgotten it all and don't really have time to go over it all again as I'm revising for Economics which has paper 1 on the same day as paper 1 physics, and paper 2 the day before physics paper 2. What other subjects are you doing?
BlueSkye
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I honestly feel the same. Over easter i did loads of revision for phys/chem. and now it's getting too much! Good luck for economics! My friend last year did both economics and physics last year and prioritised econ over physics as that's what she was going to study at uni! I'm doing phys,chem ,fm and maths how about you? Hopefully we'll both be fine I'm trying to revise topics that didn't come up in june 17 and 18!
That's literally what I'm doing at uni haha, I've got an offer for economics at Bristol for AAB which with some luck and low grade boundaries hopefully I'll get. I'm also doing maths as my third and did the first year of further maths but dropped it going into second year as I couldn't keep up with the workload as well as working at the weekends, plus I don't really need it for my course so it seemed a little pointless. I'm doing AQA maths and I literally hate it so much it's easily my worst subject, but I nearly passed out when the 2018 grade boundaries came out cause they were so low - 60% for an A! I can maybe get that if I revise a ot over half term. And I hope you do great in all of them! You've got to be smart if you're doing fm, i found parts of it nearly impossible haha
mathschem
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Haha I can't believe it! You will do amazing ! I know you will! And thanks so much I really hope so ngl Physics is the hardest for me! And yeah I agree if you don't need FM then there's no point. I 'm hoping to do maths after a gap year so i kinda need it haha
I believe in you! You;ll get the A in Maths make sure you practice all the old spec papers too and you'll be fine x And yeah I am really hoping boundaries are low for Maths I'm doing Edexcel and haha they are the worst!
That's literally what I'm doing at uni haha, I've got an offer for economics at Bristol for AAB which with some luck and low grade boundaries hopefully I'll get. I'm also doing maths as my third and did the first year of further maths but dropped it going into second year as I couldn't keep up with the workload as well as working at the weekends, plus I don't really need it for my course so it seemed a little pointless. I'm doing AQA maths and I literally hate it so much it's easily my worst subject, but I nearly passed out when the 2018 grade boundaries came out cause they were so low - 60% for an A! I can maybe get that if I revise a ot over half term. And I hope you do great in all of them! You've got to be smart if you're doing fm, i found parts of it nearly impossible haha
B0redBrioche
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Omg doing the same A Levels too ahaha, what are you planning to do at uni and what grades do you need?? I found last years paper 3 strangely easier compared to the previous' years papers. Paper 2 feels like so much more learning compared with Paper 1 which is more understanding which is why I don't really like it
mathschem
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Haha ! Seems like a common combo! I'm planning to do Maths at uni but after a gap year! How about you? I need at least A*AA!!!!!!!!! Physics (oh no)
I haven't done paper 3 yet haha I leaving it that for the week before but that sounds reassuring! And paper 2 please don't get me started but module 4 and module 6!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully we'll be fine
Omg doing the same A Levels too ahaha, what are you planning to do at uni and what grades do you need?? I found last years paper 3 strangely easier compared to the previous' years papers. Paper 2 feels like so much more learning compared with Paper 1 which is more understanding which is why I don't really like it
B0redBrioche
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hoping to do Design Enginnering at Imperial, I need to get A* in Maths and A* A in two of the other 3 which is gonna be so hard!! I'm hoping to get the A* in Physics and an A in Chemistry. FM is so hard for me!! Especially the Further Mechanics, the Further Stats and Pure are okay but I'm hopeless with the mechanics. Good luck to you!!
Haha ! Seems like a common combo! I'm planning to do Maths at uni but after a gap year! How about you? I need at least A*AA!!!!!!!!! Physics (oh no)
I haven't done paper 3 yet haha I leaving it that for the week before but that sounds reassuring! And paper 2 please don't get me started but module 4 and module 6!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully we'll be fine
mathschem
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Good luck to you too! Design engineering sounds so cool! You must be great at physics then haha! And yeah further maths - further mechanics! is awful and fp1 ! And chemistry - organics= oh no! Hope you get your grades I'm sure you will! Any last min tips for physics?
Hoping to do Design Enginnering at Imperial, I need to get A* in Maths and A* A in two of the other 3 which is gonna be so hard!! I'm hoping to get the A* in Physics and an A in Chemistry. FM is so hard for me!! Especially the Further Mechanics, the Further Stats and Pure are okay but I'm hopeless with the mechanics. Good luck to you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (215)
21.94%
The paper was reasonable (423)
43.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (189)
19.29%
It was TERRIBLE (153)
15.61%

Watched Threads