My mum said she'll break my legs and disown me if I don't get 7s/As Watch

Anonymous180
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have a south asian mum. She has always expected high grades from me and I have always had just below the best (75% average). I am currently in year 10 and the past three years I haven't really revised other than for my Year 10 mocks the night before. I mainly got 5s. I want/My target grades are 7s and 8s. I got my 3rd progress summary report and it was all red. It was terrible. My friend (ella) on the other hand was all green. My mum said how ella's mum must be so proud to talk about her and that she could never say the same about me. She also said she was embarassed to tell her friends what grades I got. There is one more progress summary until year 11 and she said that if I move down sets (from set 1) or don't get higher grades then when I get home she'll beat my legs until they break and she will kick me out. She said she'd beat me with wires until my skin bleeds. She shouted in my face all these things for about 15 minutes. I am used to all this btw, when I was younger she actually hit me with spoons and stuff and sometimes she still does occasionally. I just wanted to write it all down because I cant tell my friends about it. I still love her a lot and she only wants the best for me (she went through a Lot to get me and my sister into england for an education) but sometimes I feel like theres too much pressure and I end up slacking off thinking whats the point. My main problem with revision is that I learn it and then forget it. Even if I review it later, i do other things and totally forget. Sorry for the vent lol.
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
and I bet she’s a housewife who is barely educated herself, unironically
gurshaanssethi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My advice: Just solve as many past papers and specimen papers possible, works like a charm. I did my GCSE Equivalent in India and trust me, those things were harder than any GCSE/IGCSE paper when compared. I barely touched 70% in my mocks and in my externals I crossed 90%. A few days before my exams, I just looked at exam style questions, tried solving them as fast as I could and did the topics I kept on forgetting over and over again. Doesn't matter how much anyone expects from you and puts you under pressure, they key is to take NO PRESSURE AT ALL. Believe in yourself and the fact that you can nail those exams out there! I know South Asian fams can put a lot of pressure but they'll always be there for you.
Hope you overcome any problem you are facing and nail your exams! Good Luck!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
kebabs123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
asian mums what to expect
(Original post by goggleyed)
and I bet she’s a housewife who is barely educated herself, unironically
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 6 days ago
That’s abuse. It’s emotional abuse and blackmail And physical abuse because because she is threatening you
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 6 days ago
Our parents want the best for us but sometimes intervention needs to happen. Did you tell someone you trust ?
Glaz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Blackstarr)
That’s abuse. It’s emotional abuse and blackmail And physical abuse because because she is threatening you
Exactly, tell your teachers or someone else that you trust!
smarterthanu0206
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous180)
I have a south asian mum. She has always expected high grades from me and I have always had just below the best (75% average). I am currently in year 10 and the past three years I haven't really revised other than for my Year 10 mocks the night before. I mainly got 5s. I want/My target grades are 7s and 8s. I got my 3rd progress summary report and it was all red. It was terrible. My friend (ella) on the other hand was all green. My mum said how ella's mum must be so proud to talk about her and that she could never say the same about me. She also said she was embarassed to tell her friends what grades I got. There is one more progress summary until year 11 and she said that if I move down sets (from set 1) or don't get higher grades then when I get home she'll beat my legs until they break and she will kick me out. She said she'd beat me with wires until my skin bleeds. She shouted in my face all these things for about 15 minutes. I am used to all this btw, when I was younger she actually hit me with spoons and stuff and sometimes she still does occasionally. I just wanted to write it all down because I cant tell my friends about it. I still love her a lot and she only wants the best for me (she went through a Lot to get me and my sister into england for an education) but sometimes I feel like theres too much pressure and I end up slacking off thinking whats the point. My main problem with revision is that I learn it and then forget it. Even if I review it later, i do other things and totally forget. Sorry for the vent lol.
0800 111 11
smarterthanu0206
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Exactly, tell your teachers or someone else that you trust!
Thanks bringing down the grade boundaries you idiot, stating the obvious.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (519)
26.23%
The paper was reasonable (863)
43.61%
Not feeling great about that exam (388)
19.61%
It was TERRIBLE (209)
10.56%

Watched Threads