The Student Room Group

Macbeth + Christmas Carol GCSE 2019 - which characters can they ask questions on?

Hi

Can anyone tell me please which characters they can ask questions about in:

- A Christmas Carol
- Macbeth

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mythology
Hi

- A Christmas Carol
- Macbeth

Thank you!

What exam board are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by tm_24
What exam board are you doing?

AQA
Reply 3
I do edexcel, it would probabbly be beneficial if you look at the specification and past papers
AQA
Reply 4
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by tm_24
I do edexcel, it would probabbly be beneficial if you look at the specification and past papers
Reply 5
I think if you also look at schoolwork and homework anything could help you remember the content and quotes. You could also read your books and highlight key quotes. I still havent revised for it.:s-smilie: Im doing the same books as you.
Thank you! :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you, best of luck! I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
Original post by tm_24
I think if you also look at schoolwork and homework anything could help you remember the content and quotes. You could also read your books and highlight key quotes. I still havent revised for it.:s-smilie: Im doing the same books as you.
Me neither
I did this exam last year with this book and play
Original post by Skycloud
I did this exam last year with this book and play

Aqa?
Short example of a quote and analyses:

Quote for Fred: "Scrooge's nephew laughed in this way: holding his sides" - Fred, scrooges nephew is seen to always be laughing and taking nothing too seriously in throughout the novel. This emphasizes how he was joyfull and lived a happy laugh, which is a direct contrast to scrooge who is represented to have a more of a melancholy life
Original post by natashadavis
Aqa?

Yup
Good luck! I'm also doing the same board and Qs so we can confer after :yep:
Characters include Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Duncan, banquo (altho he was done last year along w/ witches), macduff malcolm

Themes most likely to be asked: guilt, kingship, gender roles (according to many people and teachers)
Hi

- A Christmas Carol
- Macbeth

Thank you!
Is it possible for minor characters like Fezziwig for ACC or Donalbain for Macbeth to come up?
It is possible but the chances on it happening are very, very low. Theres not much you can infer about them as characters and though this papers meant to be a curve ball, since we're the third year, i dont think itll be that harsh.
Original post by nik_wander
Is it possible for minor characters like Fezziwig for ACC or Donalbain for Macbeth to come up?
did you know macduff dies at the end!
Hi

- A Christmas Carol
- Macbeth

Thank you!

For A Christmas Carol it could be; Scrooge, any of the spirits, bob cratchit, tiny tim and probably some more
Reply 18
however the porter came up in ours so just revise everything
dont just revise characters cuz themes can come up to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending