Transgender Help Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I am 17. I am currently pre-Everything, not yet medically or socially transitioned (MtF) - And I would like some help and advice.
Firstly - Names. Does anyone have any help coming up with names? I don't want anything sounding similar to my current name. I have thought of two at the moment, Katie or Olivia, but cannot decide which.

Secondly - Actually socially Transitioning. Does anybody have any help/advice on how to socially transition in terms of clothing / make up etc? I am a bit worried about people's reactions and judgements, so I want to make it subtle, yet noticeable - If that makes sense?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
EmRep13
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey! So proud of you for figuring everything out and deciding to take that step! It's so cool! Congrats!
I don't really have any advice on the social transition bit - maybe start with light make up, and then start wearing more gender neutral clothes that are slightly feminine if you want a super gradual transition? Whatever YOU feel comfortable with! Maybe ask other people what they did?
As for the names... I like Olivia! It's cute!
Good luck! xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.77%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.26%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.06%

Watched Threads