annonymousecat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
okay so I came up with an idea for Macbeth and id like to know if anyone thought it was a stretch
so hopefully if the question is on lady Macbeth/ relationships
do you think id be able to argue that Macbeth is manipulative and used the weakness of lady Macbeth to his advantage, like I would argue that she lost her child and is a grieving mother in some sense and he used that and sort of manipulated her into supporting his plot, he filled that gap in her, the emptiness was attempted to be restored by the title of the queen, Macbeth knew that so he wrote the letter. this is all later emphasised in her soliloquy when she expresses her desperation to be rid of any feminine traits, like her 'unsex me here' 'take my milk' its like motherhood betrayed her and shes doing anything to separate herself from tht. and then when Macbeth gets the title with LM help, he ignores her, like 'be innocent of the knowledge' he doesn't even tell her about his plots to kill Banquo , and her grief and that is later shown through her suicide, showing that she was clearly struggling internally, and when she dies macbth dismisses her death. basically that's a summary of my point and if its doing too much pls let me know thxxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (118)
4.95%
Uncertainty around my education (354)
14.85%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (261)
10.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (335)
14.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (108)
4.53%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (139)
5.83%
Loneliness (206)
8.64%
Financial worries (88)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (100)
4.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
4.87%
Lack of real life entertainment (127)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (208)
8.72%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (224)
9.4%

Watched Threads