The Student Room Group

Failed my AS help

I took 4 alevels during my first year of college but went through some things outside of college which massively impacted my grades i am now in my second year of college doing only 2 alevels and an AS and have taken my AS exam but fu**d up massively , its not like i wasn't prepared i was ready but i dont know what came over me was it nerves ? Idk and just managed to complete a little over a half which basically means 50% of the marks have been flushed down the toilet. My AS was btec business . My predicted grades on my other 2 alevels are both A's and im taking on an alevel during my gap year . But my main concern how much this failed AS is going to impact my uni application, will i have to put my AS on my application , will it hinder my chances of getting into a good uni. Ive always been really ambitious but these few years have been really 💩 for me. I still want to go a good uni but now im scared this failed AS btec has ruined all my chances of getting into a Russell group uni.
If anybody has had a similar experience or has any advice as to whether i should redo the whole AS or anything that may help it would really be appreciated ..thanks for reading this far :smile:
Original post by amber2106
I took 4 alevels during my first year of college but went through some things outside of college which massively impacted my grades i am now in my second year of college doing only 2 alevels and an AS and have taken my AS exam but fu**d up massively , its not like i wasn't prepared i was ready but i dont know what came over me was it nerves ? Idk and just managed to complete a little over a half which basically means 50% of the marks have been flushed down the toilet. My AS was btec business . My predicted grades on my other 2 alevels are both A's and im taking on an alevel during my gap year . But my main concern how much this failed AS is going to impact my uni application, will i have to put my AS on my application , will it hinder my chances of getting into a good uni. Ive always been really ambitious but these few years have been really 💩 for me. I still want to go a good uni but now im scared this failed AS btec has ruined all my chances of getting into a Russell group uni.
If anybody has had a similar experience or has any advice as to whether i should redo the whole AS or anything that may help it would really be appreciated ..thanks for reading this far :smile:

It's either an AS or a BTEC. Which ever it is, Yes, you would have to declare the result in any UCAS application you made. As long as you have 3 other A level grades that meet the entry requirements, a poor grade from this subject is highly unlikely to have any impact on your application unless it is a very relevant subject to the course you apply for.

Quick Reply

Latest