AQA English Literature Paper 1 2019 Watch

Onnadhiel
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What on earth were those Jekyll and Hyde questions? I couldn't write a thing.
Navdha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
does anyone do Jane Eyre.... did the question say to show how jane was treated by many male figures or did it say just one ??
jamesannetts
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
you sad ****
DaQuestioner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Wow, you must write really fast... I only wrote 2 for each
(Original post by Navdha)
I wrote 6.5 for Macbeth and 6 for jane eyre. totaly 12.5 pages
olkapippin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i was reading it and everything was fine until i read the bit a bout hyde being disturbing in society and realised i had prepared no line of argument for that
(Original post by Onnadhiel)
What on earth were those Jekyll and Hyde questions? I couldn't write a thing.
shyxo34567
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Macbeth was: how is Macbeth presented as a violent character
shyxo34567
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
best paper so far the sign of four and Macbeth questions were easy. Hgl i thought macduff was going to come up I was so shook
Dhini
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
truthfully what grade will i get
i do macbeth and jekyll and hyde
(sorry for so many typos and spelling mistakes i have to revise for a chemi exam so did it quickly thanks in advance) <3

Introduction: Macbeth is portayed as i a violent character and it is his strongest strength but through manipulation it turns into his weakest weakness

Paragraph on: useame knave to chops talked about how it is figarative and its very violent gave an alternatative view of unseaming meaning to tear apart as in clothing and said he tears apart reputation, respect and power of macdonwald

paragraph on valours minion carved a passage talked about who he enslaved his sword thorugh the word minion, talked about valor as brave and reflects macbeth and then carved suggest physical intent and how he was callous/ruthless and then gave alternative view saying carving suggest arts and skill suggests violence is a skill and a strong trait of macbeth

Then paragraph on how he is manipulated through his excessive vilence to think he is powerful to take on the great chaiin of beings (only way i could have context) and quote "great neptne water wash blood" (forgot actually words now xD) and said blood refers to violence and how this is a glimpse of macbeth without violence in his life and him speaking from heart. water refers to purity and he realises know matter what occurs he is stuck with viloence

Then paragraph on full of scoprpoions in the mind talked about scorbions in african culture as chooser of life and death and then talked about how they have bad eye sight and how macbeth cant see the bad he is doing. (bit more context) also talked about how scorpions have posioness stingers and how his violence has posioned everythign and eventully posions himself

Conclusion that macbeth's violence was the root cause of his downfall and not withces lady macbeth or anything else.
shyxo34567
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i feel like that would be a grade 6/7 bc u explained ur point quite well and added context. I think u just needed to add the effect on the reader
(Original post by Dhini)
(sorry for so many typos and spelling mistakes i have to revise for a chemi exam so did it quickly thanks in advance) <3

Introduction: Macbeth is portayed as i a violent character and it is his strongest strength but through manipulation it turns into his weakest weakness

Paragraph on: useame knave to chops talked about how it is figarative and its very violent gave an alternatative view of unseaming meaning to tear apart as in clothing and said he tears apart reputation, respect and power of macdonwald

paragraph on valours minion carved a passage talked about who he enslaved his sword thorugh the word minion, talked about valor as brave and reflects macbeth and then carved suggest physical intent and how he was callous/ruthless and then gave alternative view saying carving suggest arts and skill suggests violence is a skill and a strong trait of macbeth

Then paragraph on how he is manipulated through his excessive vilence to think he is powerful to take on the great chaiin of beings (only way i could have context) and quote "great neptne water wash blood" (forgot actually words now xD) and said blood refers to violence and how this is a glimpse of macbeth without violence in his life and him speaking from heart. water refers to purity and he realises know matter what occurs he is stuck with viloence

Then paragraph on full of scoprpoions in the mind talked about scorbions in african culture as chooser of life and death and then talked about how they have bad eye sight and how macbeth cant see the bad he is doing. (bit more context) also talked about how scorpions have posioness stingers and how his violence has posioned everythign and eventully posions himself

Conclusion that macbeth's violence was the root cause of his downfall and not withces lady macbeth or anything else.
K Russell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If the poem is Tissue I'm screwed.
(Original post by MatrixStudent)
We can only hope they won’t turn right round and slam tissue in paper 2 as compensation
__.ak8
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by hu5n41n)
macbeth and jekyll and hyde
it was so easy
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Racsoix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Aye I did Much Ado.. how did you find it?
(Original post by lovelylemon)
Did anyone do much ado? Literally cannot believe aqa has done questions on Beatrice for 3 years in a row
Dhini
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
:/ i thought i would at least be a 7

(Original post by shyxo34567)
i feel like that would be a grade 6/7 bc u explained ur point quite well and added context. I think u just needed to add the effect on the reader
ra.dhxy
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I wrote about how Macbeth seems violent in the extract, but its a eulogy, so it could have been exaggerated for impressing the king.
Then I spoke about the alternative interpretation of violence foreshadowing the downfall of Macbeth, as he begins violent and ends violent, acicular structure, and added some relevant quotes. Some context was also attached, I wrote about how Shakespeare is advising King James not to persecute the citizens who rebelled against him with violence and anger, but rather accept his controversy and strive to be a good king. Then I wrote about how Macbeth's violence is dampened in the flesh of the play when Lady Macbeth urges him to be feminine. (Look like the flower...) Then he returns back to violence, to kill Lady Macduff and her children. Again, almost circular. Finally, I wrote an alternative interpretation about Macbeth using this new-founded femininity to seem innocent, and shy away from violence, but his true nature of violence caught up to him, like God's retribution. Spoke about Shakespeare religious purpose, and snuck in the beatitude of 'blessed are the merciful, for they shall inherit the kingdom of God' (bible), and suggested his violence was used as a message to the audience and society, to stop opposing King James and accept him for who he is, otherwise, once again, a form of retribution always catches up to you.

What do you guys reckon? It was 4 pages long, but I have quite small handwriting!
Dhini
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
First of all if you have small handwriting how did you write 4 pages wtf? and i think thats easily a grade 9 IF you explained your points well cause some of them are debatable very far fetched and as my teacher says if you try write something over smart a grade 9 student can become a grade 5 so if you structured your essay well and explained where you got your ideas from and you dont make general interpritations then that is easily grade 9 as it is very original thinking.

have a look at mine no here near good as yours but

lovelylemon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Racsoix)
Aye I did Much Ado.. how did you find it?
It was okay but honestly almost started laughing when I saw Beatrice after all my teachers had told me she wouldn't come up again so I didn't need to revise her lol what about you?
ra.dhxy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thanks, Dhini for the response. I am predicted a 9, but I just needed some validation! Looking at yours, I would reckon its a Grade 7, because of some good interpretations, (that I didn't think of), like the minions and the scorpions. Perhaps, it's only the purpose you are lacking in. Why does Shakespeare write about minions, or scorpions, etc. and its relevance to society. It's good that you included an alternative view. Hopefully, if you have a good examiner, I reckon it could be a low grade 8. Well done nevertheless!
(Original post by Dhini)
First of all if you have small handwriting how did you write 4 pages wtf? and i think thats easily a grade 9 IF you explained your points well cause some of them are debatable very far fetched and as my teacher says if you try write something over smart a grade 9 student can become a grade 5 so if you structured your essay well and explained where you got your ideas from and you dont make general interpritations then that is easily grade 9 as it is very original thinking.

have a look at mine no here near good as yours but

ra.dhxy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
How far does Shakespeare present Macbeth as a violent character? Just something to think about.
tam.bul
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I talked about Macbeth as a tragic hero and tracked his soliloquies and his relationship with the witches
then I also talked briefly about macduff as divine intervention and Banquo as a foil to loyalty and then ended with the context of the play and how it resonated with the Jacobean society as it was during the gunpowder plot!
ra.dhxy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
yeah, wrote about gunpowder plot too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (383)
25.97%
The paper was reasonable (637)
43.19%
Not feeling great about that exam (293)
19.86%
It was TERRIBLE (162)
10.98%

Watched Threads