AQA English Literature Paper 1 2019 Watch

Dhini
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
wow you have really given me hope im much better at the second literature paper but good luck with the rest of your exams and thanks for looking at my work
(Original post by ra.dhxy)
Thanks, Dhini for the response. I am predicted a 9, but I just needed some validation! Looking at yours, I would reckon its a Grade 7, because of some good interpretations, (that I didn't think of), like the minions and the scorpions. Perhaps, it's only the purpose you are lacking in. Why does Shakespeare write about minions, or scorpions, etc. and its relevance to society. It's good that you included an alternative view. Hopefully, if you have a good examiner, I reckon it could be a low grade 8. Well done nevertheless!
Dhini
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
if you mentioned he is presented really violent that is explaining 'how far' however if you just put he is violent that is no good
livingnightshade
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
wait guys what’s this “how far” business...... what happens if u argued one sidedly? my teachers never mentioned this how far stuff i’m so scared now
Ilikechicken123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I used a Macduff quote and said Macbeth said it and wrote a whole paragraph on it how many marks do I lose PLEASE GUYS
rand.user101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Navdha)I wrote 6.5 for Macbeth and 6 for jane eyre. totaly 12.5 pages

(Original post by Navdha)
I wrote 6.5 for Macbeth and 6 for jane eyre. totaly 12.5 pages
how on earth?!! Loll
ra.dhxy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
probably massive handwriting.
(Original post by rand.user101)
(Original post by Navdha)I wrote 6.5 for Macbeth and 6 for jane eyre. totaly 12.5 pages

how on earth?!! Loll
Dhini
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Ilikechicken123)
I used a Macduff quote and said Macbeth said it and wrote a whole paragraph on it how many marks do I lose PLEASE GUYS
depends, if you get a young marker who has minimal knowledge of the play then you'll be fine but if you get a marker who knows the play then you dont get any ao1 marks but you might get lucky and get some ao2 marks but any context that is relevant will still be rewarded marks for
Ilikechicken123
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I did 2 paras from extract and 2 non extract but one non extract was that, how many marks u think I can get max
(Original post by Dhini)
depends, if you get a young marker who has minimal knowledge of the play then you'll be fine but if you get a marker who knows the play then you dont get any ao1 marks but you might get lucky and get some ao2 marks but any context that is relevant will still be rewarded marks for
the_icy_goldfish
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
if you have made good coherent points then you'll be fine, however, you won't be able to get into the top 7,8,9 grades. Even in normal questions, you still kind of have to contradict yourself with an explanation. Check out some mrbruff videos before your next paper
(Original post by livingnightshade)
wait guys what’s this “how far” business...... what happens if u argued one sidedly? my teachers never mentioned this how far stuff i’m so scared now
Navdha
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
no my handwriting is small.
(Original post by ra.dhxy)
probably massive handwriting.
the_icy_goldfish
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
was the violence referring to Macbeth though? because, in my answer, i wrote a quote from lady Macduff about the transition Macbeth made from being non-violent to violent as she said "when our actions do not, our fears make us traitors" and this represents Macbeth where although he killed, it was his guilt that was his own traitor of his actions and consequently he was not violent as he had empathy and compassion, he was just weak and manipulated by lady macbeth. My quote had othing to do with the question itself but helped with answering the question so made my other points, make more sense. Maybe the examiners will interperet as you doing something like this, so i wouldnt worry about it.
btw this is a really rough sketch of the point i made so it probably doesnt make too much sense
sorry for the long answer
twinkle3456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Haneefe)
Macbeth and A Christmas Carol
same
Dhini
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I did 2 paras from extract and 2 non extract but one non extract was that, how many marks u think I can get max
honestly you wont lose marks as long as your other 3 paragraphs are good because there is no place in mark scheme which says you need balcnce between extract and text- does your other 3 paragraphs cover all of the AO's
Mythology
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by the_icy_goldfish)
was the violence referring to Macbeth though? because, in my answer, i wrote a quote from lady Macduff about the transition Macbeth made from being non-violent to violent as she said "when our actions do not, our fears make us traitors" and this represents Macbeth where although he killed, it was his guilt that was his own traitor of his actions and consequently he was not violent as he had empathy and compassion, he was just weak and manipulated by lady macbeth. My quote had othing to do with the question itself but helped with answering the question so made my other points, make more sense. Maybe the examiners will interperet as you doing something like this, so i wouldnt worry about it.
btw this is a really rough sketch of the point i made so it probably doesnt make too much sense
sorry for the long answer
I used a Lady Macbeth quote as well. “When you durst do it then you were a man” Just kinda thought it’d help show how Macbeth mostly acted through violence due to her manipulation. It helped me shove some context in about the patriarchal society too.
Mythology
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Remember, it’s quality not quantity!
(Original post by DaQuestioner)
Oh, no I definitely haven't written enough how many quotes did you use?
DaQuestioner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Lol I'm trying to reassure myself with that but I feel like there's no one else who only wrote 2 pages for each question
(Original post by Mythology)
Remember, it’s quality not quantity!
Mythology
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by DaQuestioner)
Lol I'm trying to reassure myself with that but I feel like there's no one else who only wrote 2 pages for each question
There is It could’ve been worse, my friend didn’t realise we had to answer two questions so missed out one entirely!

Focus your energy into the next exams and don’t worry about it, it won’t change your answers. At the end of the day, there is still another Lit exam which you can use to further improve your grade.

Good luck!
emilyaw12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Wow everyone on here is so smart... It's freaking me out a bit and idk why I'm still on here 😂 My Macbeth answer is nowhere near as good as anyone else's
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ncm15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Do you think talking about how he is violent consistently throughout the play is good enough? That's the route I went down completely missing the how far part of the question oop
(Original post by Dhini)
if you mentioned he is presented really violent that is explaining 'how far' however if you just put he is violent that is no good
ncm15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by pollymegan)
what the hell was the macbeth extract on?
Not sure if someone's replied to this already, but it's from the second scene of the play where the 'Captain' tells King Duncan about the battle between King Duncan and the rebels (from like Norway or something?) that are trying to overthrow Duncan. Macbeth is praised by the captain for his skill in battle in the extract.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (383)
25.97%
The paper was reasonable (637)
43.19%
Not feeling great about that exam (293)
19.86%
It was TERRIBLE (162)
10.98%

Watched Threads