How pro-Iran hackers spoofed FP and news media Watch

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Rather amusing, although i would add that Iran doesnt really need to do much to discredit KSA, UAE etc. they do that themselves quite well already. With KSA making Iran seem like a bastion of civil rights in comparison.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/05/14...he-news-media/
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm a news junkie, following the slow transfer of the baton of 'world's largest GDP' country from Great Britain in ~1872, to the current incumbent, noting that since overtaking with 2014 GDP by PPP , and by 2016 Outbound M&A, another usurper has been growing, hence presumably our current mess.

when I worked in KSA, there was very little historic & worthwhile there - a large nice old medieval fort in Riyadh (pulled down to make way for a car-park) a large religious building , ancient, wondrous etc in a town named after a Bingo hall(?), and that has all just been demolished and replaced with painted concrete - tho' I think they (probably) left the meteorite in place. there were no rights in KSA, I met many unpaid 3CN (third country nationals), much abuse, deaths etc etc but it had oil, discovery at Al Kharj well in the 1930's by a geologist on holiday. I've been there and seen the strata myself, (there was a rusty Toyota in that well and cave)

Iran, remarkably, still has their prehistoric carved stone underground water transport systems - they are an ancient, intelligent, complicated and autocratic whilst currently theologic society, Iran does have oil, which was BP's oil until the documented events of the 1950's.

Claims of "Hacking" on any side of the current information war, are probably correct - it does happen - , but in any particular individual "hack" it is almost impossible to assign ownership due to the sophistication of the adversaries and the multiple levels of obfuscation deployed, so read , widely and critically. sorry that I'm not posting provocative links, but slow , careful thinking & experience is sometimes a great idea in this arena when some urgent initiatives are integrity based.

debate is great
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by LuigiMario)
I'm a news junkie, following the slow transfer of the baton of 'world's largest GDP' country from Great Britain in ~1872, to the current incumbent, noting that since overtaking with 2014 GDP by PPP , and by 2016 Outbound M&A, another usurper has been growing, hence presumably our current mess.

when I worked in KSA, there was very little historic & worthwhile there - a large nice old medieval fort in Riyadh (pulled down to make way for a car-park) a large religious building , ancient, wondrous etc in a town named after a Bingo hall(?), and that has all just been demolished and replaced with painted concrete - tho' I think they (probably) left the meteorite in place. there were no rights in KSA, I met many unpaid 3CN (third country nationals), much abuse, deaths etc etc but it had oil, discovery at Al Kharj well in the 1930's by a geologist on holiday. I've been there and seen the strata myself, (there was a rusty Toyota in that well and cave)

Iran, remarkably, still has their prehistoric carved stone underground water transport systems - they are an ancient, intelligent, complicated and autocratic whilst currently theologic society, Iran does have oil, which was BP's oil until the documented events of the 1950's.

Claims of "Hacking" on any side of the current information war, are probably correct - it does happen - , but in any particular individual "hack" it is almost impossible to assign ownership due to the sophistication of the adversaries and the multiple levels of obfuscation deployed, so read , widely and critically. sorry that I'm not posting provocative links, but slow , careful thinking & experience is sometimes a great idea in this arena when some urgent initiatives are integrity based.

debate is great
Very nice post
Yeah Iran is a fascinating country and culture these days, although i must confess i'm only learned on their more modern history from WWII to present. But there is a lot of misinformation out there regarding the country these days thanks to the polerized political landscape. You hear all these Americans etc. saying Iran is worse than KSA in the fields of terror, meddling, human rights etc. etc. which (whilst they arent good) is absolute tosh that they are worse than Saudi. The fact KSA somehow got props for letting women drive speaks volumes. I mean, contrary to popular belief, a fair number of women in dont bother wearing the Chador. Not to mention the majority of university graduates there are women.

Its interesting how KSA somehow gets better press though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads