The Student Room Group

Missed my IGCSE exam

Hey guys, I missed both of my igcse English exams by two days, which were completely my fault (Time management). I'm homeschooled and my dad doesn't really know that much about my exams but knows what he needs to. Should I confess that I missed my exam(he'll most prob get really mad) or should I act like I'm taking it in Nov/Oct2019 with my other exams.
thnx in advance
wont your dad find out when the results come out?
Reply 2
You need an English IGCSE. Tell ur dad as you can book for another exam sitting. Otherwise he will find out on result day, if u didn’t go for the exam I think it will say fail. And u will have to retake it
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by BlindRadio
Hey guys, I missed both of my igcse English exams by two days, which were completely my fault (Time management). I'm homeschooled and my dad doesn't really know that much about my exams but knows what he needs to. Should I confess that I missed my exam(he'll most prob get really mad) or should I act like I'm taking it in Nov/Oct2019 with my other exams.
thnx in advance

You have to be careful!

Register for the next sitting and don't forget your exams ever again!
Reply 4
Original post by Maisha.xo
wont your dad find out when the results come out?

I get my exam marks online, I can inspect it and delete the English record and it will show that I have only taken my computer exam
Original post by BlindRadio
I get my exam marks online, I can inspect it and delete the English record and it will show that I have only taken my computer exam

That does not change the fact that you need to pass your English exam. You need to retake it. Talk to your dad about it and try to arrange another exam
Reply 6
Original post by graecusthegreek
That does not change the fact that you need to pass your English exam. You need to retake it. Talk to your dad about it and try to arrange another exam

I will act as if I never registered for my english exam in the first place and will register it with my other exams in Nov/Oct 2019
Reply 7
it costs a lot of money to apply to take GCSEs when your homeschooled.
There is nothing you can do about it now so PLEASE tell your dad.
Yes, he will probably be a bit angry for a while but at the end of the day you need to take that exam at some point.
Ask him and he will apply you for oct/nov entry.
bare in mind it costs almost £100 for each exam you do, so try not to miss any others

Quick Reply

Latest