The Student Room Group

Car accident. Help

My boyfriend and I were in a car accident a few months ago. It was a complete accident. We were driving and a man pulled out of some kind of off road and crashed into the passenger side of the car. He was really angry and aggressive. He got out the car and shouted at my partner and told him to follow his car. I thought he was going to drive away. So I took pictures of his reg number.

When we got out of the car at a car park he went mental and was shouting. So I called the police. After he threatened me not to. He was saying that he suggests they go privately through all of this. However. I thought that was strange. I called the police but they didn’t come out.

Now this man is trying to claim on my partners insurance for personal injury. But he seemed fine when he was threatening me and telling me that I have just ****ed up my boyfriend with his insurance now. We have two witnesses that will write a statement about it. And I don’t think he has any. However. I don’t know how to go about this.
Make notes, maps with dimensions and get pictures

You'll want from him any and all pictures taken and any and all medical evidence.
Don't talk to him either in person or on the phone always write a letter (recorded delivery) or email (use the receipt acknowledgement function).

"We have two witnesses that will" - turn that into have made.

The driver of the car you were in has notified the insurance company involved? They may be able to help or provide suggestions etc.

Start doing searches on the internet to get information about this sort of thing; how and what to do, and to build your confidence.

You are clear: he came out of a minor road and collided into the side of the car you were in? Your pictures of the scene will prove this? Your photos of the damage done to the vehicle you were in will assist in pinpointing the point of impact.

Put a personal support network in place.

File a complaint against the police force involved for failing to attend a RTA (road traffice accident) when advised/requested.

You did get his insurance details?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Chanelblackmore
My boyfriend and I were in a car accident a few months ago. It was a complete accident. We were driving and a man pulled out of some kind of off road and crashed into the passenger side of the car. He was really angry and aggressive. He got out the car and shouted at my partner and told him to follow his car. I thought he was going to drive away. So I took pictures of his reg number.

When we got out of the car at a car park he went mental and was shouting. So I called the police. After he threatened me not to. He was saying that he suggests they go privately through all of this. However. I thought that was strange. I called the police but they didn’t come out.

Now this man is trying to claim on my partners insurance for personal injury. But he seemed fine when he was threatening me and telling me that I have just ****ed up my boyfriend with his insurance now. We have two witnesses that will write a statement about it. And I don’t think he has any. However. I don’t know how to go about this.

I'd love to know how it could be your fault if the damage is to the side of your vehicle!

Insurer should settle this as no fault.
Reply 3
Was this at a junction? If he came out at a junction and into you then as the weirdo above said it should be at fault claim for them and they have no grounds to stand on. Provided you reported it to your insurance as it happened with the reg + damage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending