Joke too far?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I've been talking to a guy and I really do like talking to him. But one time, I sent a voice note and he said I sounded like I was getting raped as a joke. Also this other time he said the n word in a passing comment and he's not even black. I don't know if these are red flags or I'm just deeping it way too much. Other than those instances, we get along really well. Idk what do you guys think? Should I just forget what he said as he did say it a couple months back and he probably didn't mean it or should I just stop talking to him? :-/
BROWNNEYEDBAKERR
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
in what context did hesay the N word
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I've been talking to a guy and I really do like talking to him. But one time, I sent a voice note and he said I sounded like I was getting raped as a joke. Also this other time he said the n word in a passing comment and he's not even black. I don't know if these are red flags or I'm just deeping it way too much. Other than those instances, we get along really well. Idk what do you guys think? Should I just forget what he said as he did say it a couple months back and he probably didn't mean it or should I just stop talking to him? :-/
Personally, I can't stand rape jokes so I would ditch him, **** this guy.
AsithU
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Sounds like you're overreacting love
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Nobody should say the n word, regardless of colour.
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It clearly bothers you, so don't pursue him. He's shown you what his sense of humour is like and it doesn't sound like you agree with it.
Tawny007
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Try discussing your thoughts and feelings on these 'jokes' and see if he understands. I have a similar problem with my OH, he is a builder and when at work him and his mates joke about all sorts of things a lot of which I don't agree with or find funny, he has slipped up and made these jokes around me and I explained to him my thoughts on them and he knows not to make jokes about certain topics around me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
38.46%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (8)
30.77%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.69%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.85%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (1)
3.85%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
11.54%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.85%

Watched Threads