The Student Room Group

Joke too far?

So I've been talking to a guy and I really do like talking to him. But one time, I sent a voice note and he said I sounded like I was getting raped as a joke. Also this other time he said the n word in a passing comment and he's not even black. I don't know if these are red flags or I'm just deeping it way too much. Other than those instances, we get along really well. Idk what do you guys think? Should I just forget what he said as he did say it a couple months back and he probably didn't mean it or should I just stop talking to him? :-/
in what context did hesay the N word
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been talking to a guy and I really do like talking to him. But one time, I sent a voice note and he said I sounded like I was getting raped as a joke. Also this other time he said the n word in a passing comment and he's not even black. I don't know if these are red flags or I'm just deeping it way too much. Other than those instances, we get along really well. Idk what do you guys think? Should I just forget what he said as he did say it a couple months back and he probably didn't mean it or should I just stop talking to him? :-/

Personally, I can't stand rape jokes so I would ditch him, **** this guy.
Reply 3
Sounds like you're overreacting love
Nobody should say the n word, regardless of colour.
It clearly bothers you, so don't pursue him. He's shown you what his sense of humour is like and it doesn't sound like you agree with it.
Try discussing your thoughts and feelings on these 'jokes' and see if he understands. I have a similar problem with my OH, he is a builder and when at work him and his mates joke about all sorts of things a lot of which I don't agree with or find funny, he has slipped up and made these jokes around me and I explained to him my thoughts on them and he knows not to make jokes about certain topics around me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending