King's college or Queen Mary? And for computer science? Watch

OussamaRakye
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have received an offer from both of them and I am not sure which one choose. I can't visit them, I am not from UK.
Sefrca
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi. I can’t speak about these unis with respect to your subject, but just going purely on reputation and employability, Kings is considered a better uni, and overall uni rankings support this. However, for all I known QM has a world-class computer science department and the employment rate from their degree is superior to Kings... if so, then that is obviously something to consider. Congratulations on the offers anyway!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Sefrca; 6 days ago
OussamaRakye
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Sefrca)
Hi. I can’t speak about these unis with respect to your subject, but just going purely on reputation and employability, Kings is considered a better uni, and overall uni rankings support this. However, for all I known QM has a world-class computer science department and the employment rate from their degree is superior to Kings... if so, then that is obviously something to consider. Congratulations on the offers anyway!
Thank you so much for your answer! Now I am even more undecided hahaha
Sefrca
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by OussamaRakye)
Thank you so much for your answer! Now I am even more undecided hahaha
That’s no problem Just a note regarding the ranking, on the Complete University Guide league table for Computer Science, King’s are 18th in the UK and QM are 40th (https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...mputer science)

Overall, King’s are 25th and QM are 41st, plus Kings has a more respected reputation. If you have no preference on which course you prefer, then I would say go with Kings, especially as the location is far more central (the Strand, Waterloo etc) while QM is out at Whitechapel, which is, although still rather central, a very different area (although pretty trendy).... different horses for different courses though haha
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Sefrca; 6 days ago
OussamaRakye
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Thank you so much!!
(Original post by Sefrca)
That’s no problem Just a note regarding the ranking, on the Complete University Guide league table for Computer Science, King’s are 18th in the UK and QM are 40th (https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...mputer science)

Overall, King’s are 25th and QM are 41st, plus Kings has a more respected reputation. If you have no preference on which course you prefer, then I would say go with Kings, especially as the location is far more central (the Strand, Waterloo etc) while QM is out at Whitechapel, which is, although still rather central, a very different area (although pretty trendy).... different horses for different courses though haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (176)
25.43%
The paper was reasonable (308)
44.51%
Not feeling great about that exam (133)
19.22%
It was TERRIBLE (75)
10.84%

Watched Threads