The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Maths Paper 1 8MA0 Unofficial Markscheme 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itskxmil
60% for a C

Not that high for a C! Last year both papers combined you needed 65% so i reckon like 55% for a B and 45% for a C
Original post by Unicornstudent
Last years paper was so much more straight forward than this paper like yeh lots of easy ish questions but I done last years and this years and I am in Year 13 doing these I have an extra year and I found this year harder than last year

Snap, felt better in last years paper but this year I answered more questions :-)

Pretty equal between both years, fingers crossed my marks aren't though....
I highly doubt 60% for a C as an A last year was 65%

Original post by MrRhino
Last year was 47% for a C. Do you think it was that much easier tha last years paper?
8B9E56DF-FB93-4748-8EC2-5EB051ECC014.png
Where are people getting these random grade boundaries from when this was the combined last year
8B9E56DF-FB93-4748-8EC2-5EB051ECC014.png
I also I know there was a binomial and increasing of f(x) function question but out of all the them there are still 2 full questions missing I think can anyone remember anymore ?
does anyone remember the asymptote for the sketch question?
Divide n3 + 2 by n-8 , ur left with a remainder so it proves that it’s not divisible
Original post by elidamonj
did anyone do the proofing question at the end? if so, how did you do it?
I remember it I got y=1 and drew a exponential but the backward way with 1/x but some drew reciprocal graphs
Original post by aliceeeee1
does anyone remember the asymptote for the sketch question?
Does anyone remember the rest of that question ??????
I remember it I got y=1 and drew a exponential but the backward way with 1/x but some drew reciprocal graphs
Original post by William1247
How did everyone find it?

It was quite difficult tbh. I think last years paper was much easier
It’s so mixed about wether it was harder or easier than last year. The only thing to do is to wait :smile:
Overall, the paper wasn’t horrible, just boggled on some few question like the last one on vectors and the proof one. They were only 8 marks anyways
I think I got 53, what do you lot think i have to get on paper 2 to get a b
Original post by veesecake
is this for the question about the car? you had to give your answer in years and months, rounded to the nearest month i think

the question asking about something gained in 2023, not the months question
Original post by MrRhino
Was it 30 degrees between vectors m and n or between m and m-n??

Nah I got 135 degrees.
Reply 75
Original post by Ryan0887
Nah I got 135 degrees.

Same. I was asking about the angle stated in the question. Was the 30degrees angle stated in the question between m and n or m and m-n?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 76
Nah I got 135 degrees.

180 - 30 - 15?
Original post by MrRhino
180 - 30 - 15?

Yes.
Yes.

People who got 15 degrees, I don't think realized that it was the incorrect angle.
Reply 79
Can anyone get hold of the paper? Would really appreciate it, will pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending