I got all 9s and A*s in my GCSEs, ask me anything! Watch

meemy123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yungk1m)
I scraaaaaped the 9. My school gave me a pack with everything we need to know for the exam, every equation to learn etc and I went through it the night before, until like 4am loool

My advice is to do as many past papers as possible. The hardest past papers you can find, and note down the areas you find hardest. Then just focus on those areas.
omggg if u still have the sheet with equations on or if u remember pls send them !!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Notprepared
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How to get a 9 in combined science? By the way I’m doing AQA
It depends on the subject!
You can defo revise science the day before and still do well, granted you revise everything and do past papers too. A lot of my science revision was just me flipping through flashcards the day before, doing past papers, learning what I got wrong, then going through the flashcards again the morning of my exam.
I also revised French the day before, which honestly was barely any revision, it was just going through grammar.
For subjects like History, RS, Geo and English, i.e. essay subjects, I would try to revise a few days before if you haven't done so already. You can't learn that much content in one night.
Amiraegann
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did all my revision in tables.
Each table was a theme, and my columns from left to right were:
Point (a short statement deriving from the theme), Evidence (a quote), Technique (literary device), Analysis (what the quote means), and Link (linking back to the theme/potential question)
This is called PETAL, it's how I structure my paragraphs and how I therefore structured my revision.
Learn quotes on quizlet. I would put a quote, for example, "Reader, I married him" on the back side and then a key word on the front, such as "married". I'd be prompted by the key word and then I'd type in the rest of the quote
Thankyou!!
technodulan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It depends on the subject!
You can defo revise science the day before and still do well, granted you revise everything and do past papers too. A lot of my science revision was just me flipping through flashcards the day before, doing past papers, learning what I got wrong, then going through the flashcards again the morning of my exam.
I also revised French the day before, which honestly was barely any revision, it was just going through grammar.
For subjects like History, RS, Geo and English, i.e. essay subjects, I would try to revise a few days before if you haven't done so already. You can't learn that much content in one night.
literally just what I wanted to hear before my chemistry exam tomorrow!🤣
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ge.L
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel like procrastinating... ask me anything about GCSEs, revision, how A-levels are going and anything else you can think of!

My subjects were:
English lit AQA
English lang CIE
Maths Edexcel
Double Science Edexcel
French CIE
RS AQA
Fine Art Edexcel
History Edexcel
Drama AQA
Omg first of all that is freaking amazing ! How did u write your essays for lit paper 2 and how did u revise your poems
SkaterMater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
nah I don't think I failed any...
not fail, but as in did you think you would get an 8 for any of the subjects after u did the exam
Amnz_02
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
im struggling with chemistry so much help me with that xx
yungk1m
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by GL0B3Y)
how did u get all 9s and then get all A* in A-Level, only current year 12s did 9-1 meaning u either got all A*, or ur BSing about even having A-Levels completed
I meant that some of my GCSEs were still in letter grades. That is, history, French and Eng Lang x
yungk1m
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notprepared)
How to get a 9 in combined science? By the way I’m doing AQA
I did edexcel, but as long as you stick to the spec religiously you'll know everything you need to know. And past papers are god!
yungk1m
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ge.L)
Omg first of all that is freaking amazing ! How did u write your essays for lit paper 2 and how did u revise your poems
https://quizlet.com/kimizs/folders/p...-conflict/sets

QUIZLET!!! I learned all the quotes and I also made a sheet with the quotes on one side and their meanings on the other. Also, pair up poems and do some practice essays to see how they compare.

For your modern text, your answer can be super straight forward. Use the PETAL technique (point, evidence, technique, analysis, and link
100yoMAGApede
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if you had a stunningly attractive sister of the same age who asked if you wanted sex, would you go for it?

And congrats on your grades now you’ve just gotta keep it up for about 5 years lol
yungk1m
Rep:
?
(Original post by 100yoMAGApede)
if you had a stunningly attractive sister of the same age who asked if you wanted sex, would you go for it?

And congrats on your grades now you’ve just gotta keep it up for about 5 years lol
rahhhhhh

sweet home alabama

the answer is no, and i'm a girl
100yoMAGApede
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
rahhhhhh

sweet home alabama

the answer is no, and i'm a girl
Fair enough, what about a brother?
sanyaali_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Who in there right mind would ever have sex with their sibling why would even ask that🤦*♀️
100yoMAGApede
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sanyaali_)
Who in there right mind would ever have sex with their sibling why would even ask that🤦*♀️
You said AMA? Did you really just want to get comps on your grades and answer generic revision questions? I’ve got A*A*A* at a level and have tried ****ing my cousin before.
Elosant
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You said AMA? Did you really just want to get comps on your grades and answer generic revision questions? I’ve got A*A*A* at a level and have tried ****ing my cousin before.
"tried?" what happened
100yoMAGApede
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Elosant)
"tried?" what happened
We were walking, chatting her up, slapped her arse, tried making out with her when we were alone and shot down. Happened a few weeks ago.
yungk1m
Rep:
?
We were walking, chatting her up, slapped her arse, tried making out with her when we were alone and shot down. Happened a few weeks ago.
i mean i DID say AMA, but ur dun out ere w that Q looool
yungk1m
Rep:
?
disgustang
SkaterMater
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
allow answer my question cos i feel like i ****ed up my german now.
did u feel like u did badly or like you think you would get an 8 or a 7 but then ended up just getting a 9
disgustang
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads