ShannonKerryx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,
I have looked at previous exam papers for OCR GCSE Chemistry and looked at which topics they have not asked about yet, which may come up in tomorrow's paper. I have compiled a list of my predictions for this years paper. This might help you to focus your revision for today

2019 Predictions:

- How/why the atomic model has changed over time; JJ Thompson, Rutherford and Dalton's experiments (possibly a 4/6 marker)

- Atomic mass/number/electron configuration calculations (These come up every year)

- Moles and Titration calculations (3/4 marker - again these come up every year)

- Carbon nanotubes and their properties (fullerenes, graphene etc - possible 4/6 marker)

- Electrolysis (possible 3/4 marker)

- Endothermic and Exothermic reactions, again possible 3/4 markers on bond breaking/making

- Enthalpy calculations

- Drawing dot and cross diagrams and stating the molecular formula (these come up every year)

Hope that helps!
FreshPrince102
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ShannonKerryx)
Hello,
I have looked at previous exam papers for OCR GCSE Chemistry and looked at which topics they have not asked about yet, which may come up in tomorrow's paper. I have compiled a list of my predictions for this years paper. This might help you to focus your revision for today

2019 Predictions:

- How/why the atomic model has changed over time; JJ Thompson, Rutherford and Dalton's experiments (possibly a 4/6 marker)

- Atomic mass/number/electron configuration calculations (These come up every year)

- Moles and Titration calculations (3/4 marker - again these come up every year)

- Carbon nanotubes and their properties (fullerenes, graphene etc - possible 4/6 marker)

- Endothermic and Exothermic reactions, again possible 3/4 markers on bond breaking/making

- Enthalpy calculations

- Drawing dot and cross diagrams and stating the molecular formula (these come up every year)

Hope that helps!
Wow thanks
FreshPrince102
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello,

2019 Predictions:

- Enthalpy calculations

Hope that helps!
Enthalpy? are you sure thats gcse lol
sdr981
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's in my spec...
You may have just learn it as "energy change in a reaction" or similar.
(Original post by FreshPrince102)
FreshPrince102
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sdr981)
It's in my spec...
You may have just learn it as "energy change in a reaction" or similar.
Ocr? so what topic is it
ShannonKerryx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Enthalpy basically means energy, so things like calculating average bond energy, energy released, etc
(Original post by FreshPrince102)
dlsx0021
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello,

2019 Predictions:

- Enthalpy calculations

Hope that helps!
Wow, for paper one basically everything you said came up, six marker on electrolysis and a lot on enthalpy and exo/endo. The only thing that didnt come up on this list was the changes to the atomic model over time
C-Sadler
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ikr i was so happy for the balancing what did you get? I think i did it wrong
(Original post by dlsx0021)
Wow, for paper one basically everything you said came up, six marker on electrolysis and a lot on enthalpy and exo/endo. The only thing that didnt come up on this list was the changes to the atomic model over time
dlsx0021
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by C-Sadler)
I think i got 3Pb + 8HNO3 --> 3Pb(NO3)2 + 2NO + 4H2O

and for the calculations of mol afterwards i got 0.1 mol
C-Sadler
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aw i think i did the balancing wrong but its partially right so hopefull i get a process mark lol
(Original post by C-Sadler)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (609)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (754)
41.84%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.44%

Watched Threads