The Student Room Group

If you had the chance, would you change the degree you did?

I did Business but I've honestly been very bored for most of my time at University. I feel I would of found Philosophy, Politics and Economics more interesting.

Would you pick a different degree if you had the chance to do so again and why?
I did law.

Was considering languages or something essay-based, and at times felt like I should have gone down the other path. Don't regret it now I am degree'd outta my mind.
Reply 2
No, never crossed my mind.
I'm already doing a second degree in an entirely different field from my first. There are loads of different things I'd study if time and money allowed for it. Instead I will just stick to reading a ton of non-fiction to satisfy the urge. :tongue:
Sort of.

I'm still studying at the moment, but part of me wished I'd done something forensics based.
I ended up switching from pure philosophy to joint honours philosophy and theology so um... yes, apparently I would do that.
Reply 6
Assuming you mean undergraduate, I don't think so. I'm happy with doing computer science, just not the path I took following it. Thankfully I'm doing something I enjoy for my master's now.
I was doing criminology and sociology but I switched to psychology.
Reply 8
Yeah. I should have done hairdressing instead of law. Or even dog grooming, lol.
Reply 9
Possibly. It wasn't until third year that I truly realise that Maths really isn't for me.
Could be any degree under/post/foundation. What do you do for your Masters? :h:
Original post by UWS
Assuming you mean undergraduate, I don't think so. I'm happy with doing computer science, just not the path I took following it. Thankfully I'm doing something I enjoy for my master's now.
I wouldn't. I do languages and I'm very happy with my decision (despite people telling me that it's apparently ''useless'') :yes:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MinaBee
I wouldn't. I do languages and I'm very happy with my decision (despite people telling me that it's apparently ''useless'') :yes:

It's absolutely not useless to be able to yell at foreign people. You never know when you might need that.
7.6.PNG

2.10.PNG
Not useless to employers!
Original post by MinaBee

Quick Reply

Latest