AS Maths paper 2019 Watch

xbeth_tx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Today I sat the pure paper for Edexcel AS maths and did anyone else find it ridiculously hard.

I’d had to drop out of my sixth form and home school myself in October due to harassment from teachers about my mental health and how poor my grades were - I was predicted E,U,U in physics chemistry and maths. I managed to get them all up to As, Bs and Cs and so was excited to hopefully pass the paper until I did it and they had changed the exam technique I had been practicing.

I know I’ve failed this paper but did anyone else feel like that about it?
Lolakings
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I agree. It was bad. Pure is supposed to be easier than Stats/Mech. I really hope the grade boundary is lower than last year because they needed 90 marks overall to get a B.
(Original post by xbeth_tx)
Today I sat the pure paper for Edexcel AS maths and did anyone else find it ridiculously hard.

I’d had to drop out of my sixth form and home school myself in October due to harassment from teachers about my mental health and how poor my grades were - I was predicted E,U,U in physics chemistry and maths. I managed to get them all up to As, Bs and Cs and so was excited to hopefully pass the paper until I did it and they had changed the exam technique I had been practicing.

I know I’ve failed this paper but did anyone else feel like that about it?
Monty231
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Last years paper was a walk in the park compared to this one
What do you reckon the grade boundaries will look like?
(Original post by Lolakings)
I agree. It was bad. Pure is supposed to be easier than Stats/Mech. I really hope the grade boundary is lower than last year because they needed 90 marks overall to get a B.
xbeth_tx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lolakings)
Yeah given that paper I’m certain the boundaries will be lower and I think there will be some kick off from teachers and students about how difficult it was, as after last years first versions of the new course they said they made it too hard and would reform but did the opposite
xbeth_tx
Rep:
?
I think it will be about 20% to pass and around 40% for a C because everyone’s marks will be lower than usual
(Original post by Monty231)
Last years paper was a walk in the park compared to this one
What do you reckon the grade boundaries will look like?
Monty231
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I’m hoping 20% is a pass but I doubt it as it’s too low
(Original post by xbeth_tx)
I think it will be about 20% to pass and around 40% for a C because everyone’s marks will be lower than usual
xbeth_tx
Rep:
?
It’s normally between 25% - 30% so it isn’t impossible it would probably be as low as it went
(Original post by Monty231)
I’m hoping 20% is a pass but I doubt it as it’s too low
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (193)
22.49%
The paper was reasonable (360)
41.96%
Not feeling great about that exam... (168)
19.58%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
15.97%

Watched Threads