The Student Room Group

Wanting to break out of hospitality.

Hiya

So I'm at the end of my tether, I've persevered and tried my hardest, I'm ready to break out of hospitality.

The reason why? I hate it, I despise the thought of going into work, it's not my employer if anything that's the one good part, I've been promoted and given two pay rises. I can't stand the unsociable hours, working 12-1/2am just to feed some middle class people that have no appreciation for anything but as soon as something goes wrong you'll hear about it no end. If you can't tell I hate the people, the view of hospitality being some dead end job done by subservient scum and 16 year olds is literally the worst feeling ever when you're a full time uni student who works 50 hour weeks whilst being a final year.

What can I do? I hate it so so so much, I loved it to start and I even chose my degree based around it (International Hospitality Management) it has a super strong emphasis on HR, marketing and general business management so I'm hoping that puts me in good stead.

Any help would be really appreciated because it's genuinely starting to get to me.

Edit: it's worth noting I'm willing to get through it whilst I finish uni and I've worked in every part of the restaurant industry for 7 years

Edit2: I'm achieving 1st class grades, I've dropped to a 2:1 in one assignment by 1%, so I'm pretty good at managing time.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending