(Original post by Mekrnrb)
What???!
Does it not make sense..I'm doomed
Mekrnrb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
One sentence that doesn’t make sense doesn’t mean you’re doomed - if the rest had good clarity and no ambiguities and you did language form structure and context in each paragraph you could potentially even get a 9!
ririroo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I did the same, I didn't really have any evidence as to why he wasn't that I could explain properly in the time we had and I messed it up a bit. I don't think it loses you too many marks because it could just be your personal opinion? I really should've written about lady macbeth influencing him...
(Original post by Wonyo)
i get 8/9s but the macbeth question was “how far” and i read it as “how” i only barely included him as anything but violent... idk if i would lose marks but i just said he was very violent, he solved every problem with violence (killing people if they got in the way) i said why he was violent and why he was influenced but now i dunno if i’ll lose marks
Simms.exe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by rrrude)
How did you all find the exam?
I do Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde
and they went okay but hmmmm idk
I do the same. The questions were so good! Especially the jekyll and hyde one
ririroo
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
same omg, I did SO much revision on guilt and lady macbeth (which, looking back, I could've definitely included but I didn't and I'm so mad at myself lol). I panicked so much in the exam
(Original post by GCSEs2019Ganggg)
I feel like the exam questions were really not that bad but all of my analysis and like top grade stuff was not in the essay. I was aiming for like a grade 8 but I don’t think that’s happening anymore.
Saverah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I had Romeo and Juliet and A Christmas Carol. To be far the questions were very easy but that’s what made it hard as there were loads of quotes too choose from.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
GCSEs2019Ganggg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ririroo)
same omg, I did SO much revision on guilt and lady macbeth (which, looking back, I could've definitely included but I didn't and I'm so mad at myself lol). I panicked so much in the exam
Same before the exam I even decided what I am gonna put in regardless of the question so that my answer sounds developed... none of that happened
Mekrnrb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
all you need to do to get that 9 is include language, form, structure, what the audience/reader thinks and context in each paragraph with at least 2 interpretations per quote (at least 2 quotes per paragraph) and make sure all your SPaG is good (make sure there are no ambiguities) and you’re well on your way to getting a 9!
Mekrnrb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(For literature)
all you need to do to get that 9 is include language, form, structure, what the audience/reader thinks and context in each paragraph with at least 2 interpretations per quote (at least 2 quotes per paragraph) and make sure all your SPaG is good (make sure there are no ambiguities) and you’re well on your way to getting a 9!
ririroo
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
same omg I learned so many quotes I didn't use and literally ended up just using ONE quote that didn't even really relate. It was such a stretch lol
(Original post by GCSEs2019Ganggg)
Same before the exam I even decided what I am gonna put in regardless of the question so that my answer sounds developed... none of that happened
GCSEs2019Ganggg
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
same omg I learned so many quotes I didn't use and literally ended up just using ONE quote that didn't even really relate. It was such a stretch lol
Hopefully we’ve done enough to secure a good grade
Mekrnrb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Learn from your mistakes - learn a range of quotes for AIC (section A for lit Paper 2 - maybe you do lord of the flies?)
Mekrnrb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Don’t try to guess what could come up (aqa threw us a bit of a curveball with pride and prejudice) - learn multi-use quotes that *demonstrate* different things and can be used for a variety of different answers...
Learn from your mistakes - learn a range of quotes for AIC (section A for lit Paper 2 - maybe you do lord of the flies?)
Anusha1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Wonyo)
i get 8/9s but the macbeth question was “how far” and i read it as “how” i only barely included him as anything but violent... idk if i would lose marks but i just said he was very violent, he solved every problem with violence (killing people if they got in the way) i said why he was violent and why he was influenced but now i dunno if i’ll lose marks
I don’t think you will lose marks. I’m sure you’ve done really well. If you usually get 8/9s then u must be doing something right! Doubt you will get marked down for not explicitly talking about ‘how far’ because it may have still come across in your answer. I think the main thing is to get thoughtful ideas across.
Anusha1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Wonyo)
I don’t think you will lose marks. I’m sure you’ve done really well. If you usually get 8/9s then u must be doing something right! Doubt you will get marked down for not explicitly talking about ‘how far’ because it may have still come across in your answer. I think the main thing is to get thoughtful ideas across.
Anna french
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
judging by the spelling mistakes and bad grammar you’re using now I’d say no higher than a 6

(Original post by fatimalatif806)
what grade do you guys think i would i get in this paper for romeo and juliet cos i'm uncertain. In my essay i introduced an arguement about how their relationship it true but audience may sometimes question it, then in first para i said the use of religious lang is blasfomous so foreshadows dangerous relationship due to how powerful it will become and i also included about how pilgrim suggests that they will be devoted to each other.

in the next i talked about how some question reality of relationship because its unworldly presentation contrasts the crude love surrounding it by mercutio and nurse which makes the're love seem unreal

and then i talked about their suicides and how they both appear to be confidant and almost blinded by their passionate relationship that they don't realise it
Mekrnrb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hopefully what you said was because she was typing quickly and because it doesn’t really matter in a text?
(Original post by Anna french)
judging by the spelling mistakes and bad grammar you’re using now I’d say no higher than a 6
Switch01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I did my GCSEs last year, and i never saw this many people saying a test went well except for math p1 edexcel
Im actually curious as to what your guys's grade boundaries will be xD
Especially for bio, i could see it go up 10 marks. Math went 13 marks for a 9 for us, so keep ur head up
bluefondue
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Our teacher told us that grade boundaries can only increase by 5% each year? So the most they will have changed should be less than 5 marks.
Switch01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
ours went up by 10% for math p1, but then the other 2 papers stayed the same roughly, so overall it went up by 5%

(Original post by bluefondue)
Our teacher told us that grade boundaries can only increase by 5% each year? So the most they will have changed should be less than 5 marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (193)
22.49%
The paper was reasonable (360)
41.96%
Not feeling great about that exam... (168)
19.58%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
15.97%

Watched Threads