The Student Room Group

University clearing help.

Hi, ive applied to Brighton university as my firm choice with a degree in marketing and im going ti gi through clearing as im worried the requirments wont be met, so does anyone have an idea on how flexible they can be between what grades i get and what is required? Thanks.
Original post by Omar hamadouch
Hi, ive applied to Brighton university as my firm choice with a degree in marketing and im going ti gi through clearing as im worried the requirments wont be met, so does anyone have an idea on how flexible they can be between what grades i get and what is required? Thanks.

It depends on a lot of things- such as how many spaces are available, how well other people have done, how much they like other areas of your application. Usually unis will be lenient by 1 or 2 grades, but in some cases they will go much lower to fill less popular courses.

Unis are more likely to be lenient with someone who has firmed and committed to the uni than an applicant in clearing.

BTW, you are only in clearing if your university reject you (or you choose to be placed in clearing)- if you miss your offer but the uni accept you, you're not in clearing. If they reject you, they won't give you a place via clearing.
Oh ok, Thank you SarcAndSpark for the comment. Appreciate your help.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
It depends on a lot of things- such as how many spaces are available, how well other people have done, how much they like other areas of your application. Usually unis will be lenient by 1 or 2 grades, but in some cases they will go much lower to fill less popular courses.

Unis are more likely to be lenient with someone who has firmed and committed to the uni than an applicant in clearing.

BTW, you are only in clearing if your university reject you (or you choose to be placed in clearing)- if you miss your offer but the uni accept you, you're not in clearing. If they reject you, they won't give you a place via clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending