University clearing help. Watch

Omar hamadouch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, ive applied to Brighton university as my firm choice with a degree in marketing and im going ti gi through clearing as im worried the requirments wont be met, so does anyone have an idea on how flexible they can be between what grades i get and what is required? Thanks.
SarcAndSpark
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Omar hamadouch)
Hi, ive applied to Brighton university as my firm choice with a degree in marketing and im going ti gi through clearing as im worried the requirments wont be met, so does anyone have an idea on how flexible they can be between what grades i get and what is required? Thanks.
It depends on a lot of things- such as how many spaces are available, how well other people have done, how much they like other areas of your application. Usually unis will be lenient by 1 or 2 grades, but in some cases they will go much lower to fill less popular courses.

Unis are more likely to be lenient with someone who has firmed and committed to the uni than an applicant in clearing.

BTW, you are only in clearing if your university reject you (or you choose to be placed in clearing)- if you miss your offer but the uni accept you, you're not in clearing. If they reject you, they won't give you a place via clearing.
Omar hamadouch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Oh ok, Thank you SarcAndSpark for the comment. Appreciate your help.
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
It depends on a lot of things- such as how many spaces are available, how well other people have done, how much they like other areas of your application. Usually unis will be lenient by 1 or 2 grades, but in some cases they will go much lower to fill less popular courses.

Unis are more likely to be lenient with someone who has firmed and committed to the uni than an applicant in clearing.

BTW, you are only in clearing if your university reject you (or you choose to be placed in clearing)- if you miss your offer but the uni accept you, you're not in clearing. If they reject you, they won't give you a place via clearing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (218)
21.87%
The paper was reasonable (431)
43.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (192)
19.26%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
15.65%

Watched Threads